Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Seven Deadly Sins: Grand Cross Model Ripping
So there's a particular character model I'm after, the model of Kyo Ethnina who was an event boss in the Seven Deadly Sins Grand Cross mobile game this past November. I will preface this by saying although I do have some experience working with 3D models, I'm a noob when it comes to ripping them from games.

I'm basically looking for any sort of help or direction I can get on this as I keep hitting walls.

My quest so far has led me to AssetStudio. I downloaded an apk of the game and was able to open it in there and see meshes and export them so I thought "great, maybe this'll be doable." I quickly realized the apk only had the tutorial files in it though and the rest of them downloaded once the game was launched. So I ran it in Bluestacks, got it to download everything, and managed to get the files back out of Bluestacks.

Problem is they will now no longer open in AssetStudio. The error I get is:

Quote:Error while reading bundle file C:\Users\orang\Downloads\SDS Test\bm\c\035BB6CDA08EA9F8369B45562BC47345 System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object. at AssetStudio.AssetsManager.LoadBundleFile(FileReader reader, String originalPath) in C:\projects\assetstudio\AssetStudio\AssetManager.cs:line 183

And then it repeats that for every single file in the game. I don't know if anyone knows a solution for this or if I'm going about this the entirely wrong way to begin with.

My other concern is whether anyone more familiar with these sorts of mobile games knows if the files for the event bosses would even still be present in the updated apk after the conclusion of the event.

EDIT: Further research has led me to the theory that this error is caused by Unity having done an update to their engine and the AssetStudio program needing to be updated to account for that. I'm guessing until that happens this isn't gonna work and a different ripping method would be needed.
Thanked by:
The game has two main file formats that do not have extensions, PK and UnityArchive files.

PK files are all in "com.netmarble.nanagb\files\bm\_d"
They are standard PK files which can be unpacked using 7zip and simular tools.
They contain UnityArchive files.

UnityArchive files are all in "com.netmarble.nanagb\files\bm\m"
They are Unity asset bundles with an extra header.

For AssetStudio or AssetRipper to read UnityArchive files, the extra header needs to be removed.
With extra header "UnityArchive.UnityFS....5.x.x.2020.3.26f1.C.....š...Ö­.....Ÿiý Rˆ~ˆú¦ú.UnityFS....5.x.x.2020.3.26f1"
Without extra header "UnityFS....5.x.x.2020.3.26f1"

I have attached a powershell script to remove the extra header in batch.
It works by locating the last instance of "UnityFS" in the file, then removing everything before that and overwriting the file.
It assumes that there are only two headers.

I have tested this with game version 2.36.0 and AssetStudio v0.16.47.
A full rip of audio, models, textures, sprites etc is in my archive.

Attached Files
.zip   Fix UnityFS trim to last header.zip (Size: 518 bytes / Downloads: 79)
Thanked by: SciBott
It seems it has all the characters.
Nor is for Ragnarok characters.
Kon* Konan is for re zero
Spy is for Shield Hero
Zen is for Mushoku Tensei
Thanked by: