Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Help Ripping Neo Geo Pocket Color Sprites, especially Metal Slug 2nd Mission sprites.
Does anyone know a better way to rip Neo Geo Pocket Color Sprites?
especially needed to Rip Metal Slug 2nd Mission sprites mostly the bosses.

because there are some boss sprites missing and i tried the NeoPop emulator but... the only way i can rip is screenshot it but i want to know a better way of ripping these sprites.
Thanked by:
If you want to rip directly from the ROM, YY-CHR does accept NGP/C games however you would have to get both the palette and find a way of assembling the tiles assuming that the ROM isn't compressed. I've checked for you and...

Metal Slug 2nd Mission can be sprite ripped! At a quick glance most of the sprites, portraits and the text (both English and Japanese) can be viewed. You might have to click on the + or - buttons on there to get them looking right. The backgrounds are compressed though and will require making savestates.

If you do want to use an emulator, it's tricky though... BizHawk doesn't offer a tile viewer for this system but you can remove the background and/or sprite layers, Mednafen I think is the same but harder to set up unless you either know command line or have a frontend. This is because the system despite having some well known games or series is either hard to emulate or less interest for emulator programmers and as you say NeoPop is the most used. Both emulators that I've mentioned use the NeoPop core. Ares is considered the most accurate these days for Neo Geo Pocket Color considering that it was done by scratch (only 2 games have minor issues with the HUD and 1 game has a glitched menu but the rest have no known issues) but no sprite ripping tools for the system at all.
Thanked by: