Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Web pages looking off
I don't know if this is a issue for anyone else but when I go onto any of the resources pages they all tend to look like this
[Image: G9C9kvf.png]
Any help would be greatly appreciated
Thanked by:
It breaks for me the same way if I try to zoom in. Try reseting the zoom to 100% (press Ctrl+0).

Would be great if it were fixed though. I can't read those tiny 9px font sizes lol.
Thanked by:
(01-05-2023, 09:52 AM)scurest Wrote: It breaks for me the same way if I try to zoom in. Try reseting the zoom to 100% (press Ctrl+0).

Would be great if it were fixed though. I can't read those tiny 9px font sizes lol.

It fixes itself when I do 80% but doing 100% is still off
Thanked by:
This is actually more often caused by ad blockers. The zoom issue only seems to affect Firefox and is dependent on a number of factors like system display scale. There's really nothing I can do to fix that in the current iteration of the layout because it's just a weird bug with how Firefox zooms, not an issue with the code itself. But like I said, that particular cause is somewhat uncommon - AdBlock is the number one reason you'll see this.
Thanked by:
Ah ok, I'll see if disabling AdBlock will fix this

Edit: It didn't
Thanked by:
Just keep in mind that you may still see it if you're using Firefox with non-100% Windows scaling or you're zooming in via the browser itself.

I'd also like to add that breaking the layout is not something we're doing on purpose when AdBlock is detected. AdBlock just removes more than it needs to and takes out elements that define the layout which causes this problem. We are planning on modernizing the layout at some point in the near-ish future but just know that this isn't some kind of anti-AdBlock "feature" - it's just not something we're willing to devote any development time to figure out because it's cause by a third-party program modifying the source code.
Thanked by:
(01-05-2023, 12:00 PM)Petie Wrote: Just keep in mind that you may still see it if you're using Firefox with non-100% Windows scaling or you're zooming in via the browser itself.

I'd also like to add that breaking the layout is not something we're doing on purpose when AdBlock is detected. AdBlock just removes more than it needs to and takes out elements that define the layout which causes this problem. We are planning on modernizing the layout at some point in the near-ish future but just know that this isn't some kind of anti-AdBlock "feature" - it's just not something we're willing to devote any development time to figure out because it's cause by a third-party program modifying the source code.

Oh, but when I turn it off the site still is messed up in 100% zoom. Is it a FireFox issue?
Thanked by:
It's a combination of Firefox and your Windows display scale. I use Firefox as well and it's fine at 100% but breaks at 110%, with or without an ad blocker. If your display scale is set to something over 100% (Windows often defaults to 125%, for instance), it may break at 100% zoom in Firefox and require you to zoom out to fix it. I don't see this behavior in any other browser or on any other platform but it is consistent in Firefox across platforms (Windows, Mac, and Linux) in my testing so it's definitely a Firefox issue. I'm hoping we can work around it with our new layout which won't rely on quite so many hacks, so to speak, to get it looking right but I don't have an ETA on that at the moment.
Thanked by: