Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Help Ripping River City Girls 2
Since I helped fill in blanks with some of the bosses of RCG1, wanted to jumpstart the uploads with River City Girls 2. However, viewing the data in AssetStudio shows that the sequel has the sprites set up in a unique fashion in comparison. Not 100% sure, but it seems like there's dedicated Texture2D assets for palettes while the actual Sprite file is in a translucent and blank state (dark theme recommended to view). 
[Image: MarianDefaultPalette.png] [Image: Marian_BouncerThrow_0002_anio.png]
My assumption is that this helps the game load alternate palettes for characters much easier and uses the sprite as a mesh for all the colors to pool into in place. But currently, trying to figure out how I can export the fully rendered sprite. This is from the Steam version if that's important to note, but unsure if there's any real difference in how the ports are set up due to the Unity engine the game runs on.
Thanked by:
Thread bump. Any solution helps to figure out how to get the rips of the new main sprites started.
Thanked by:
Be sure to check The Spriters Resource either later today or tomorrow. All I'm saying. Tongue

(EDIT: Done! Check out the RCG2 page now: https://www.spriters-resource.com/pc_com...itygirls2/ )
Thanked by:
Anyhoo, the palette indexing is actually pretty straightforward. Rotate the palette images to the right by 90°, then just apply the palette with the usual left-to-right colourization to replace the corresponding greyscale shades. Instead of starting from 0 you'll want to start from 1 (so the first actual palette shade is on 2, in other words), 0 is always treated as transparency regardless of the fact that there's already a transparent colour on the palettes.
Thanked by: