Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Pokkén Tournament DX Animation Exporting Project - Public Thread
3D Modelling 
I've decided to begin a thread dedicated to ripping the (rather incredible-looking) animations and poses that come from Pokkén Tournament DX. I myself have no idea how this will work, but I've seen users @FGBPlayz and @SSonic360 talk about this in Charizard's Pokkén Tournament DX model upload, but they've decided to bring it to private messaging, but others can't learn how to do it for themselves just yet (not to blame them though). 

So... feel free to come here and talk about how you all can make it work. With making a blender addon that imports animations, finding the method of extracting and ripping the game ROM file, or also directly ripping it from a Switch of ours... Hopefully we can all learn something new Smile

This could also apply to camera animations too, as it's displayed here with Burst Attacks
[Image: latest?cb=20220918130151]
[Image: latest?cb=20220918130116]
Thanked by:
The issue SSonic360 had with importing the animations was that they came out to be rather buggy, and corrupted after they were exported to Blender. He uses Smash Forge, so I would definitely take a look into that.
Thanked by:
(12-18-2022, 12:12 AM)FGBPlayz Wrote: The issue SSonic360 had with importing the animations was that they came out to be rather buggy, and corrupted after they were exported to Blender. He uses Smash Forge, so I would definitely take a look into that.

I've downloaded Smash Forge from github, and I'm downloading the NSP of Pokken Tournament DX, since I don't have the required tools to rip it from my home Switch console. The NSP still has every game file doesn't it?

EDIT: I've done a bit of research and found that XCI files are cartridge dumps, and NSI files are Eshop dumps. They should both work perfectly on my yuzu emulator, becuase I found a download for the prod.keys file online. Am I missing anything else required to play the games on Yuzu? And what's the process of dumping the game files?
Thanked by:
(12-18-2022, 01:50 AM)GameBoy2936 Wrote:
(12-18-2022, 12:12 AM)FGBPlayz Wrote: The issue SSonic360 had with importing the animations was that they came out to be rather buggy, and corrupted after they were exported to Blender. He uses Smash Forge, so I would definitely take a look into that.

I've downloaded Smash Forge from github, and I'm downloading the NSP of Pokken Tournament DX, since I don't have the required tools to rip it from my home Switch console. The NSP still has every game file doesn't it?

EDIT: I've done a bit of research and found that XCI files are cartridge dumps, and NSI files are Eshop dumps. They should both work perfectly on my yuzu emulator, becuase I found a download for the prod.keys file online. Am I missing anything else required to play the games on Yuzu? And what's the process of dumping the game files?

I've dumped the game files successfully from the game, but all the files have the .DRP extension. What happens next?
Thanked by:

I think this website might help. If not then let me know:  GitHub - PrincessAkira/road-to-yuzu-without-switch: This Repo explains how to install the Yuzu Switch Emulator without a Switch

(12-18-2022, 03:55 AM)GameBoy2936 Wrote:

I've dumped the game files successfully from the game, but all the files have the .DRP extension. What happens next?

Try running it to see if it works. If not then there should be another way to convert the files into the right format if it tells you " unsupported file extension " or something like that.
Thanked by:
(12-19-2022, 12:54 AM)FGBPlayz Wrote:

I think this website might help. If not then let me know:  GitHub - PrincessAkira/road-to-yuzu-without-switch: This Repo explains how to install the Yuzu Switch Emulator without a Switch

(12-18-2022, 03:55 AM)GameBoy2936 Wrote:
(12-18-2022, 01:50 AM)GameBoy2936 Wrote: I've downloaded Smash Forge from github, and I'm downloading the NSP of Pokken Tournament DX, since I don't have the required tools to rip it from my home Switch console. The NSP still has every game file doesn't it?

Try running it to see if it works. If not then there should be another way to convert the files into the right format if it tells you " unsupported file extension " or something like that.
I've found a XCI file of Pokken on a site called Ziperto, bundled with the latest version and DLC, and after doing a bit of research, I've downloaded the prod.keys file for yuzu to operate. And having successfully dumped the RomFS, what do I do now? Now that I've got a dumped game full of .DRP files, how did SSonic360 convert/extract those files?
Thanked by:
(12-19-2022, 01:52 AM)GameBoy2936 Wrote:
(12-19-2022, 12:54 AM)FGBPlayz Wrote:
(12-18-2022, 01:50 AM)GameBoy2936 Wrote: I've downloaded Smash Forge from github, and I'm downloading the NSP of Pokken Tournament DX, since I don't have the required tools to rip it from my home Switch console. The NSP still has every game file doesn't it?

(12-18-2022, 03:55 AM)GameBoy2936 Wrote: I've dumped the game files successfully from the game, but all the files have the .DRP extension. What happens next?

I've found a XCI file of Pokken on a site called Ziperto, bundled with the latest version and DLC, and after doing a bit of research, I've downloaded the prod.keys file for yuzu to operate. And having successfully dumped the RomFS, what do I do now? Now that I've got a dumped game full of .DRP files, how did SSonic360 convert/extract those files?

He only told me that he exported them as an SMD or a .anim file, and then imported them using the Blender Source Tools Addon.
Thanked by:
(12-19-2022, 02:00 AM)FGBPlayz Wrote:
(12-19-2022, 01:52 AM)GameBoy2936 Wrote:
(12-19-2022, 12:54 AM)FGBPlayz Wrote: I think this website might help. If not then let me know:  GitHub - PrincessAkira/road-to-yuzu-without-switch: This Repo explains how to install the Yuzu Switch Emulator without a Switch

He only told me that he exported them as an SMD or a .anim file, and then imported them using the Blender Source Tools Addon.
Hmm, that's a bit complicated to hear. Like, I don't know how a DRP file can be extracted or exported. What I'm pretty sure is that these DRP files are packages, so my question here is this: the extraction of these files. Ask him what he's done to extract these DRP files, if he's done that. If he's not responding or can't remember how he did it, I really want some more users to come here and help us out.

But I can tell you this: I have downloaded the Blender Source Tools Addon, and I've followed the process of converting animations from the core Pokemon series into SMDs successfully, but this is something completely different.
Thanked by:
(12-19-2022, 07:38 AM)GameBoy2936 Wrote:
(12-19-2022, 02:00 AM)FGBPlayz Wrote:
(12-19-2022, 01:52 AM)GameBoy2936 Wrote: I've found a XCI file of Pokken on a site called Ziperto, bundled with the latest version and DLC, and after doing a bit of research, I've downloaded the prod.keys file for yuzu to operate. And having successfully dumped the RomFS, what do I do now? Now that I've got a dumped game full of .DRP files, how did SSonic360 convert/extract those files?

Hmm, that's a bit complicated to hear. Like, I don't know how a DRP file can be extracted or exported. What I'm pretty sure is that these DRP files are packages, so my question here is this: the extraction of these files. Ask him what he's done to extract these DRP files, if he's done that. If he's not responding or can't remember how he did it, I really want some more users to come here and help us out.

But I can tell you this: I have downloaded the Blender Source Tools Addon, and I've followed the process of converting animations from the core Pokemon series into SMDs successfully, but this is something completely different.

Sonic told me that he got the models from the Pokken Tournament Model Ripping Project Thread, and used 3ds max to convert the models to FBX using RTB's MaxScript.
Thanked by:
(12-19-2022, 09:36 PM)FGBPlayz Wrote:
(12-19-2022, 07:38 AM)GameBoy2936 Wrote:
(12-19-2022, 02:00 AM)FGBPlayz Wrote: He only told me that he exported them as an SMD or a .anim file, and then imported them using the Blender Source Tools Addon.

Sonic told me that he got the models from the Pokken Tournament Model Ripping Project Thread, and used 3ds max to convert the models to FBX using RTB's MaxScript.

I'll tell you something: Someone called ninetalescommander originally was going to upload the Pokken models to this site, but because .blend files are disallowed, they instead went to Deviantart to upload there with the Pokken models of every playable and support Pokemon having been uploaded there ready for use. All of them can be found here: https://www.deviantart.com/ninetalescomm...-3d-models

Those models that user uploaded have pre-done PNG textures, DAE meshes and FBX models, so I can skip the hard part of extracting the models. Sure, it's fun to pose them without the help of in-game animations in Blender, but now I feel like I've waited long enough. You know, I'm ready to take on extraction and successfully import those Pokken animations into there. I'm going to put a link to my Google Drive, where I've uploaded all extracted Pokken files, but starting out as DRP files, that come straight out of dumping the RomFS. At the time of writing, there's still lots of uploading left to do, but eventually everything will be there. https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1...sp=sharing

Last thing: I don't work yet, I'm only sixteen years old at the time of writing (almost seventeen), and I don't have a job yet. I can't go forward and purchase 3DS Max in my current state of life. Surely we could be able to convert the DRP files and further on without the need to go behind a paywall.
Thanked by:
(12-20-2022, 12:14 AM)GameBoy2936 Wrote:
(12-19-2022, 09:36 PM)FGBPlayz Wrote:
(12-19-2022, 07:38 AM)GameBoy2936 Wrote: Hmm, that's a bit complicated to hear. Like, I don't know how a DRP file can be extracted or exported. What I'm pretty sure is that these DRP files are packages, so my question here is this: the extraction of these files. Ask him what he's done to extract these DRP files, if he's done that. If he's not responding or can't remember how he did it, I really want some more users to come here and help us out.

I'll tell you something: Someone called ninetalescommander originally was going to upload the Pokken models to this site, but because .blend files are disallowed, they instead went to Deviantart to upload there with the Pokken models of every playable and support Pokemon having been uploaded there ready for use. All of them can be found here: https://www.deviantart.com/ninetalescomm...-3d-models

Those models that user uploaded have pre-done PNG textures, DAE meshes and FBX models, so I can skip the hard part of extracting the models. Sure, it's fun to pose them without the help of in-game animations in Blender, but now I feel like I've waited long enough. You know, I'm ready to take on extraction and successfully import those Pokken animations into there. I'm going to put a link to my Google Drive, where I've uploaded all extracted Pokken files, but starting out as DRP files, that come straight out of dumping the RomFS. At the time of writing, there's still lots of uploading left to do, but eventually everything will be there. https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1...sp=sharing

Last thing: I don't work yet, I'm only sixteen years old at the time of writing (almost seventeen), and I don't have a job yet. I can't go forward and purchase 3DS Max in my current state of life. Surely we could be able to convert the DRP files and further on without the need to go behind a paywall.

Uhm...I don't know where you got that info but I can confirm I never planned to upload Pokken Tournament DX Models to this site. I went to Deviant Art because my way of doing things isn't in line with this sites rules. Not that I'm saying this sites rules are flawed or anything, I get why they are the way they are, it's just a different direction to what I aim at.
Thanked by:
(12-25-2022, 07:34 PM)ninetalescommander Wrote:
(12-20-2022, 12:14 AM)GameBoy2936 Wrote:
(12-19-2022, 09:36 PM)FGBPlayz Wrote: Sonic told me that he got the models from the Pokken Tournament Model Ripping Project Thread, and used 3ds max to convert the models to FBX using RTB's MaxScript.

Uhm...I don't know where you got that info but I can confirm I never planned to upload Pokken Tournament DX Models to this site. I went to Deviant Art because my way of doing things isn't in line with this sites rules. Not that I'm saying this sites rules are flawed or anything, I get why they are the way they are, it's just a different direction to what I aim at.
@ninetalescommander no need to be so worried about how I got that info. I looked through some of your posts on this site before.

Just a heads up @FGBPlayz that I still have those DRP files and I don't know what's next to do.
Thanked by:
(12-26-2022, 02:37 AM)GameBoy2936 Wrote:
(12-20-2022, 12:14 AM)GameBoy2936 Wrote: I'll tell you something: Someone called ninetalescommander originally was going to upload the Pokken models to this site, but because .blend files are disallowed, they instead went to Deviantart to upload there with the Pokken models of every playable and support Pokemon having been uploaded there ready for use. All of them can be found here: https://www.deviantart.com/ninetalescomm...-3d-models

@ninetalescommander no need to be so worried about how I got that info. I looked through some of your posts on this site before.

Just a heads up @FGBPlayz that I still have those DRP files and I don't know what's next to do.

I'm not worried at all lol
Thanked by:

Sorry for the late reply. Regarding this issue, it seems like I'm not alone. https://github.com/jam1garner/Smash-Forge/issues/365
Thanked by:
(12-26-2022, 02:37 AM)GameBoy2936 Wrote:
(12-20-2022, 12:14 AM)GameBoy2936 Wrote: I'll tell you something: Someone called ninetalescommander originally was going to upload the Pokken models to this site, but because .blend files are disallowed, they instead went to Deviantart to upload there with the Pokken models of every playable and support Pokemon having been uploaded there ready for use. All of them can be found here: https://www.deviantart.com/ninetalescomm...-3d-models

Hi 

Were you able to successfully extract the animations from the .drp files in the end and if so how? 

And if anyone is reading this in the future and does find a way to extract the animations, please let me know. 

Thank you
Thanked by: