Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
(Wishing to start- Also a NEWB-) Disney DreamLight Valley - Project
I am a huge fan of disney, and i am aware that this game was released i believe on steam and switch. I also believe this was created using unity 3d game engine.

So for a game like that, what would be needed to be able to rip the models and maps of the game? I already see some models have been ripped but not entirely. Also cant seem to find the maps either ripped so i know theres still much left to be done.

While at it, what will i also need for animation ripping for a game like this.

I may be a newb, but id love to start my journey into ripping using this game, and would love some advice. 

Thanks.
Thanked by:
For starters, you'll need Asset Studio; you'll need it and the .net framework from Microsoft that matches the version you chose. Net472 needs .net472, Net5 needs .net5, etc. You can find them on MS's website. Once you've got that and Asset Studio is running, go to Options > Specify Unity Version.  You can find the version for the game in [GAME INSTALL LOCATION]/Data/Resources/unity_builtin_extra. Open it in Notepad/Notepad++; I forget the number, but it'll be clear among all the odd characters and start with 2020. Once the version's plugged in to Asset Studio, go to File > Load Folder and...well, start going through the folders that have .bundle files in them, because that's where all the models and textures are. If I remember correctly,  NPCs are in the folder that has Character_Visuals in the name, but the maps are going to be split up into lots of parts; the Atlantis section, small as it was, was split into...oh, 15+ odd pieces, so. Happy sorting!
Thanked by: