Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Ripped Android textures from game appear white?
Hi everyone! I’ve been having trouble ripping from Shinning Nikki in that the textures keep coming out colorless/white with a few splashes of pink when there’s supposed to be other colors. For example, this texture below should be mostly green but are just white with pink details. Can anyone help with this?
Thanked by:
Having not played the game myself, my guess is that the texture is supposed to be multiplied with another color. If there is supposed to be more than one color, it probably uses a mask texture[s] that might be black/white or red/green/blue colored.

[Image: attachment.php?aid=15292]

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Hey, I'm Jasper! I am an avid model ripper, I also like Splatoon and Vocaloid.

Currently ripping from: N/A
Thanked by:
Thanks for the advice! I’ll check that out and see if it works!
Thanked by:
It doesn’t seem to work because the full texture isn’t green. I would post a picture of what it’s supposed to look like but it’s not letting me for some reason. If you want to see it, just google Shining Nikki Afternoon Rose Tea. I’m checking the material files to see if I need another map over it or something. Maybe it was just a problem with rendering.
Thanked by:
I think the texture might look somewhat like this + an additional texture for the rose decals.

[Image: attachment.php?aid=15293]

If you can locate the material files of the model, then you can find the exact path ids of all the textures used in the materials

[Image: attachment.php?aid=15295]

[Image: attachment.php?aid=15294]

Thanked by:
Thank you that looks right! I have the path id but I don’t know how to use it to find the textures used…
Thanked by:
Well, I wish there was an easier way to do it, but...

Copy the pathID to a text file for easy comparing.

Sort by texture2D, then press "PathID" twice to sort by PathID Descending

[Image: attachment.php?aid=15296]
Now comes the tedious part of scrolling down the list of pathIDs until you find the one matching the texture you want.

[Image: attachment.php?aid=15297]

Thanked by:
To get the colors you did for the previous texture, did you color it from the image or find some way to restore the color?
Thanked by:
I created an example of what I thought the color mask texture might look like using an image of the model I found online. It is very rough as you can tell....

Thanked by:
Do you mind if I send you a zip of all the files that I know for sure go the model (materials, textures, meshes) so you can take a look at what I’m working with?
Thanked by:
Sure! I am pretty curious.

Thanked by:
Thanks! Here you go!

Attached Files
.zip   Afternoon Rose Tea.zip (Size: 867.83 KB / Downloads: 62)
Thanked by:
I use Asset Studio. Cut files just means the first few bytes were cut off because studio couldn’t view them properly with them.
Thanked by:
Sorry, I was able to open them with asset studio. I had never heard of ".CUT" files before.

Okay, as far as i can tell it seems that the multiplied color is per object or material since the purse is divided up into many objects. The pearls mesh was not in the files [possibly they were "S0044ABA_S0044ABA_03_geoGemMesh" which appears to be empty].

The lace parts are messed up mostly likely because use they use a different texture with transparency. the black square is where the rose decal would go, it probably also uses transparency. You may also be missing textures like normal and metal maps.

[Image: attachment.php?aid=15298]

Thanked by:
Can you show me how exactly you fixed/applied the textures? I don’t quite understand.
Thanked by: