Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Finding battle sprites [Magical Starsign]
Hi, I'm completely new to ripping so please bear with me.

I want to rip sprites from Magical Starsign, which turns out to be kind of a pain since Tinke only recognizes 2% of the files. They're also mostly .dat files. However, this thread has been really helpful and I was able to locate all the overworld sprites, the talk sprites, some menu related icons and others.

However, there's still tons of graphics that I can't find anywhere using this method. One example would be the all the battle sprites. I couldn't locate a single enemy sprite (only their overworld ones) as well as the player character files. The file that had the overworld sprites had the idle battle animation for the playable characters, but that's only a tiny part what there should be.

I'm kind of lost :') Is there a way to specifically look for the sprites that I want?
Thanked by:
Is any tool from this thread helpful?
https://www.vg-resource.com/thread-41004.html

Not really much of a DS ripper myself, I can't even remember the last time I ripped from it. I think I used the emulator itself and maybe Animget?
Ripping Tutorial for PC Engine / TurboGrafx 16 / TurboGrafx CD
https://www.vg-resource.com/thread-41637.html
Thanked by:
Yeah I think those could be useful for the base game, i tried some of the tools but not all of them. I'll look into them, thanks!
However, there's a lot of multiplayer stuff in the game as well as characters and enemies that you can only unlock with multiplayer (and even if you somehow manage to emulate this, they're super hard to unlock). I initially thought the easiest way to get to their battle sprites is to find them in the files, which worked for the overworld sprites. Can't find them sadly.

I tried DeSmuME earlier and the OAM viewer works great when it comes to overworld, but as soon as you enter a battle it becomes useless.
Thanked by:
Okay I'm still lost so I think I'm gonna word my problem a bit differently.

Is it possible to somehow get the offset of a sprite? For example: I play the game on an emulator, enter a battle and the enemy battle sprites are loaded in. Would it somehow be possible to find out where I can find those on the rom?
Thanked by: