Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Disney Dreamlight Valley
Guess i'll be the first to post about it since it launched today.

I already tried to rip from the game but can't seem to get asset studio to load any of the files.
(any newer versions of it wont launch, and older versions get an error trying to load the games files)
Thanked by:
To get into the files, use Asset Studio 16.47 (Version for net.452 worked for me) and plug in the Unity Version number in Options > Specify Unity version. You can find the version in [GAME INSTALL LOCATION]/Data/Resources/unity_builtin_extra. Open it in Notepad/Notepad++; I forget the number, but it'll be clear among all the odd characters and start with 2020. Once the version's plugged in to Asset Studio, you can start opening the bundle files. Off the top of my head, NPCs are in the folder that has Character_Visuals in the name. Haha, can you tell I already uninstalled this game? Good luck!
Thanked by: Mikumii, Vreek
As stated in the other thread (- of which I am not sure where people look at first):

'Ello!

This may come a little late but I've been extracting from Dreamlight Valley ever since release. However, with the newest update (released on May 1st, 2024) it seems things got quite scrambled? The unity asset studio (Version 0.16.47) doesn't seem able to handle textures anymore. No matter what I try, the studio crashes and on top of it, the 'containers' are all encrypted now.

Do you, by any chance, have an idea on how to solve this? Ouch!

I am so grateful that you've taught us in here how to do it in the first place and I would truly appreciate if you could help me (and possibly others with it) out on how to fix it (if possible).

Thank you so much for your time.

Thanked by:
They encrypted the files--oh, swear words well that's a problem.

First: encrypted containers. More likely than not this is the bundle files, and I....have no idea to decrypt them. The only thing I know about decryption when it comes to game files is AES keys for Unreal games, which is...probably apples to oranges with this situation, honestly. A quick google gives me things like Base64 encryption, hex editors, UCrypt....I dunno, man, I just rip stuff! Gods, if only Xentax hadn't gone down.

As for the crashing, try and load the .bundles/folders in another version of AssetStudio. A more updated one can be found on a fork here, but beyond that...I got nothing. I gave up on DLV after I got DMCA dinged by the devs on another site, so my info's been out of date since three days after launch. Apologies if that's of no use to you, and best of luck!
Thanked by: Sreliata