Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
My few rip sprites from the TSR
Neutral 
Hi, it's me WaterCat. amm... I was inactive for some time because of personal reasons, but after a while I wanted to help the spriters resource a little bit. well... I am by far not an old user on this site, but I recently posted a new ripped sprite (or texture?) from the game Team Fortress Classic. and I would like to know what I can do to improve  Shy

[Image: 172242.png?updated=1650052722]

PC / Computer - Team Fortress Classic - Fire - The Spriters Resource (spriters-resource.com)

And these are some sprites I ripped from mega man maker.

PC / Computer - Mega Man Maker - Mega Man 8 Tilesets - The Spriters Resource (spriters-resource.com)

PC / Computer - Mega Man Maker - Mega Man 7 Tilesets - The Spriters Resource (spriters-resource.com)

And these are all the sprites I ripped using the name WaterCat. but... I used to use an old account on TSR, but I lost after I lost my old computer. but I'm not very proud of the sprites I ripped using this account from the past.

One noticeable thing in all my posts is that I always used a watermark with a black background with bubbles and with my cat avatar with a text written "ripped by watercat" with my username drawn in gold colors. It's practically my mark on this site I think. I got a lot of inspiration from the water levels of Super Mario World, and the art style of Shovel Knight and Capcom games when I made this mark. but to tell the truth, I did it because I hadn't thought of anything better. so it's not like it's SUPER creative or memorable for me. so I wanted to know what you guys think of my watermark too, should it improve?  Blank

anyway, thanks for your feedback.
This face sums up my life :/
Thanked by:
Firstly, glad that you're helping out. My knowledge of PC rips are really bad so it is not the best to ask regarding the Team Fortress Classic sheet. Organisation seems okay to me.

Secondly regarding your credit tag, it looks mostly fine to me. As for why, well some people don't put credit tags (or watermarks) or if they do, it is just basic text. If you want to improve it the only suggestions that I can think of (due to not being a spriter) is perhaps change the blue on the "Ripped by" part as it is hard to make out and the starry background depends on the length of the sheet. If it was a small sheet across, it would look cool but a longer sheet may be more distracting. It's one of those that's hard to decide as it is more of a personal preference thing.
Thanked by: Barack Obama, WaterCat
(06-19-2022, 10:19 AM)Yawackhary Wrote: Firstly, glad that you're helping out. My knowledge of PC rips are really bad so it is not the best to ask regarding the Team Fortress Classic sheet. Organisation seems okay to me.

Secondly regarding your credit tag, it looks mostly fine to me. As for why, well some people don't put credit tags (or watermarks) or if they do, it is just basic text. If you want to improve it the only suggestions that I can think of (due to not being a spriter) is perhaps change the blue on the "Ripped by" part as it is hard to make out and the starry background depends on the length of the sheet. If it was a small sheet across, it would look cool but a longer sheet may be more distracting. It's one of those that's hard to decide as it is more of a personal preference thing.

Hey. Sorry for taking so long to respond Ouch!  well ok, but unfortunately my sheets are mostly from pc games, since it's quite difficult to extract sprites from super nintendo games or nintendo 64 models in my opinion :/ so I think for now for TSR, only old games from MS-DOS, Classic Mac OS, Windows 3.1x, Older Linux Distros, AmigaOS and maybe PC 9801/8801.

About my credit tag... good to know you liked it. and really? it's hard to understand? oh man, I found it a bit obvious that this is a mugshot of my cat character :\ well, but i know what you mean, it's really a bit difficult to create a good credit tag and balance the width with bigger sheets.
This face sums up my life :/
Thanked by: