Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Question about updating/revising submissions
Hello. For a long time, I wanted to update my old sprite sheets to remove the section about giving credit and/or not claiming my rips as their own (I might also have credit info inside the .zips of sound/texture uploads I did, I would need to check).

I don't really mind people not crediting me for a sprite sheet or whatever of the sorts, in fact, I do feel bad asking for crediting me for sprites/artworks I didn't made (to clarify, I did extract the contents of a game and made the sprite sheets, yes, but not the original sprites themselves). While I won't include text asking for users to credit the original creators of a game the sprite sheet is from, I still would like to remove the "credit me / don't claim as your own" section of my old sprite sheets, as well some new ones that I just want to remove the credit entirely.

I think it's up to the user to decide how they would like to use the sprites I provided. And I think it's more professional to just keep the sprites themselves without including "Ripped by:" and the sorts, the top of the page already mentions who uploaded a sprite sheet. That's just a me thing and it's okay if others do this.

So... for the actual question:

I would like to know if I post a new revision to an old sheet of mine, is the sheet in question going to be in the next site submissions update? Because I don't want to flood old sprite sheets with the only update being the removal of the credits section.

The only sprite sheets that I plan in actually updating its contents are the Touhou EoSD ones because I want to apply the alpha mask to the sprites (the game has graphics without transparency due to the use of a separate graphics that handles alpha masking).

Thank you.
Thanked by:
It’s admittedly been a while since I looked at that from but from what I remember, there should be a box you can uncheck if you don’t want it to appear in the next update. I can double check when I’m at a computer but I’m 99% sure it’s there and does exactly what you want it to.

For what it’s worth, I wouldn’t feel too bad about originally including that credit tag. I agree with your current viewpoint (for rips, at least - custom work should always be credited) but including those tags was kind of just the way things were for a long time.
Thanked by: gabrielwoj
@gabrielwoj
I can confirm for Petie that there is a little checkbox to not have your revisions not be counted in the submission updates.

I've used this feature a few times when I've updated my icons or noticed errors in my sheets. You'll find it easily when you make your revision. It's a really helpful feature!
Thanked by: gabrielwoj
(06-12-2022, 12:02 PM)Petie Wrote: It’s admittedly been a while since I looked at that from but from what I remember, there should be a box you can uncheck if you don’t want it to appear in the next update. I can double check when I’m at a computer but I’m 99% sure it’s there and does exactly what you want it to.

For what it’s worth, I wouldn’t feel too bad about originally including that credit tag. I agree with your current viewpoint (for rips, at least - custom work should always be credited) but including those tags was kind of just the way things were for a long time.

(06-13-2022, 01:42 AM)Spriter Theo Wrote: @gabrielwoj
I can confirm for Petie that there is a little checkbox to not have your revisions not be counted in the submission updates.

I've used this feature a few times when I've updated my icons or noticed errors in my sheets. You'll find it easily when you make your revision. It's a really helpful feature!

Hi, thank you for both of your responses.

I went to check a random sheet of mine, and clicked on the Pencil icon (Revise). I wasn't understanding why this checkbox was not showing up on my screen, until...

Turns out I had to select a new Sheet file for it to show up, it was marked as "display: none" via Inspect Element if I didn't select any file. I selected anything from my computer, and the checkbox showed up: "Check to include sheet in next update (only applies if updating sheet)".

I apologize for not attempting to select any file beforehand, but I appreciate you guys help.

The only sheets I'll mark to be included in the next update are the EoSD ones because they'll be finally transparent, if that's okay... there's no new sprites to be added, so they aren't technically "updated" with new stuff (like a game that gets updated every so often), but people will be able to use them without having to mess around with alpha masking, where some people may not know how to do it. Please let me know if I should mark these to be included on the next update or not, because I'm really unsure.

Thank you.

Edit: I have started the process of removing the credits from my sheets, and have uploaded some already. However, I will be doing the upload process in small batches, as I don't want moderators of the website getting heavy-loaded with my revision updates.
Thanked by: