Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
.obj not appearing in blender?
Hi, sorry in advance for my incompetence, I'm very new to both model ripping and blender.

I've been following the guide linked on this board, along with a video guide on youtube that seem to cover the same steps. I had a little trouble in the start, but managed to extract the textures and model files I needed. I noted that both guides said that the 3d model will be skewed when loaded into an app, however when I loaded mine in, it appeared as a flat plane. Obviously something went wrong, but I continued to the next step anyhow, hoping it would fix itself. Following the video guide, I loaded the .obj into the pcsx2 model converter application, and it gave me what appeared to be all the necessary files, despite there being no preview of the image like there is in the guide. Again I continued, next attempting to load the meshfixed .obj into blender.

Very obviously at this point, I messed something up during extraction, because there are no objects that I can see on the workspace. The scene collection column shows the object, so I assumed the object loaded in either very small or very far away. I followed any advice I could find just through google but to no avail. I understand that both guides I'm following don't use blender, but others have claimed it worked fine for them.

For reference I am attempting to rip the R. Suzuki character model from the Toro to Kyujistu PS2 title of the Doko Demo Issyo series. I considered attempting to see if any Japanese forums already have this model ripped, as the games are more popular there than english speaking countries, but I'm unsure how to go about tracking that down. If all else fails, the model is very simple, so I wouldn't mind learning blender to make my own copy. But I thought this would be an easy introduction to model ripping due to the simplicity of these characters.

Thank you to anyone willing to help, I'm sorry if this appears a jumbled mess. Again very new to this site and ripping in general.
Thanked by: