Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Tools to get Started (Featuring my priority Games)
So I'm currently looking at learning how to rip models and textures from PC games, in particular games I have on Steam. Many of these would likely have been built for console due to their native controller support but are otherwise on Steam. My 3D Modeling Tool is Blender, and my texturing Tool is GIMP. I know both sets of tools and layouts in and out but it's worth noting that I am using an older version of Blender, Blender 2.79, which I think should be fine as the three games I'm looking at ripping currently were released well be Blender 2.8. And if you're wondering, my OS is Windows 7 so I can't get exactly get a hold of a Blender version that's more recent than 2.79 so resources would have to keep that in mind.

There are 3 particular games I'm looking at ripping models from. From highest priority to lowest these are Senran Kagura: Estival Versus, Fate/Extella LINK, and Dragon Quest Heroes 2. If you want my reasons for this, it's fairly straight forward: in terms of model references I'm lacking in female characters of certain body types, as well as general clothing references. Senran Kagura: Estival Versus has an abundance of both so it would be my top priority. Fate/Extella LINK would come after that as, while it does have references for clothing and geometry I do not have, I'm looking at filling up my reference list's weaknesses before I begin expanding on it in general. Finally, Dragon Quest Heroes 2 is my lowest priority as I don't actually own it currently (it's a bit on the expensive side, you see).

The reason this is in ripping help and not requests or commissions is because I'd like to try my hand at doing this myself before I rely on another person. So I'm mainly just asking for resources on how to go about what I'm going about doing. Any notable help would be appreciated, primarily starting points in terms of software and processes.

Thank you and have a wonderful day.
Thanked by: