Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Extracting Audio from Lego Star Wars: The Skywalker Saga
Question 
I'm currently throwing everything I have at the new Lego Star Wars, and nothing seems to work. I've tried multiple ripping programs and QuickBMS scripts.

TT Games Explorer always returns an error upon attempting to open a .dat file: "Error when trying to read file infos!" and exits.
The TT Games QuickBMS script gives me "Can't read 4 bytes from offset 06000000618ab537." or something to that effect, and then stops.

The Ravioli Game Tools are able to rip some .ogg streams of music, as well as several wem files. However, the wems aren't playable or extractable in any way, even after using multiple Wwise tools. Here is an example wem for reference. https://mega.nz/file/UdUQSCjR#cV82lP6Udw...VGWXIjsR1M

I've tried other game/file extraction programs with no success. Any help on this would be fantastic!

Okay, I just tried the QuickBMS script again with GAME6.DAT while writing this, and it gave me a couple small resource files with the extension .ANGEL_RESOURCE. They're only a couple kilobytes in size each, but that's all. Nothing else was extracted. I can provide more example files if anyone would like to tinker with them!
If it's Star Wars, I gotcha covered! Wink
Thanked by:
Ooo please keep us updated if you make any progress. I’m not a ripper but if someone finds something interesting I’ll post it here.
Thanked by:
Quick update: I tried using mediaextract by Panzi on Github. It was able to rip a considerable amount of .wavs, but it feels like a lot are still missing. I couldn't find the A-wing or X-wing engine samples that I've heard in-game, no AT-ATs, lots of blaster sounds are missing, etc. I may be overlooking them, but I was at least able to rip exactly 11,800 .wavs. It also can rip the voice clips, which are in .ogg format. If anyone has another low-level program that's specifically designed to extract .wav files, let me know so I can try it out!

Sadly, Mediaextract doesn't preserve file metadata, so none of the .wavs have their correct filenames. Not quite fit for upload to the Sounds Resource just yet. (Also, that .wem file I provided earlier seems to just be a .wav file that was misread by GameExtractor. I was able to drag it into Audacity and it worked perfectly!)
Thanked by:
(04-08-2022, 07:28 AM)iteachvader Wrote: Quick update: I tried using mediaextract by Panzi on Github. It was able to rip a considerable amount of .wavs, but it feels like a lot are still missing. I couldn't find the A-wing or X-wing engine samples that I've heard in-game, no AT-ATs, lots of blaster sounds are missing, etc. I may be overlooking them, but I was at least able to rip exactly 11,800 .wavs. It also can rip the voice clips, which are in .ogg format. If anyone has another low-level program that's specifically designed to extract .wav files, let me know so I can try it out!

Sadly, Mediaextract doesn't preserve file metadata, so none of the .wavs have their correct filenames. Not quite fit for upload to the Sounds Resource just yet. (Also, that .wem file I provided earlier seems to just be a .wav file that was misread by GameExtractor. I was able to drag it into Audacity and it worked perfectly!)

I'm trying to find the Revenge Of The Sith voice clips as we speak because I want the lines in relation to the final battle with Obi wan and Anakin, could you giude me to where in the files that'll be because the Game.dat files are sort of out of order like Game2.dat I think is A New Hope and not Attack Of The Clones as I assumed.
Thanked by:
I'm interested in Lightsaber sounds, if anyone can rip them, I would be very grateful Smile
Thanked by:
Rancor022 over on the GroinKick forums managed to rip EVERYTHING sound-related from the game, but some of the sounds aren't able to be converted by normal means. If someone could help with that, that'd be greatly appreciated! Here's one of the sounds in question, in case someone would like to tinker with it. https://mega.nz/file/tF00CB7R#W2W9UJ7An3...ZO1UIxDSBA

In the meantime, I'll keep looking around to see if I can't find a way to convert them myself.
Thanked by:
Information 
Better buckle up, this is gonna be a hefty post.

connorh315's DATManager extracts all of the audio from the game. Grab it on GitHub here: https://github.com/connorh315/DATManager
ikskoks over on the Xentax forums wrote a script for converting the .audio_data files with vgmstream:

Code:
codec = IMA
start_offset = 0x5B
channels = 1
interleave = 0x100
sample_rate = @0x0C
num_samples = data_size

Copy this into Notepad, save as all files, and name it ".audio_data.txth". Place it in the vgmstream folder, and now you can drag and drop the files onto the vgmstream exe and it will instantly convert them to wav. The result will be a separate .wav file in the same directory as the original. It even properly converts files with more than one audio channel, at least up to four as far as I've seen.

This also works with Foobar2000 with the vgmstream plugin installed, but you have to place the .txth file in the same directory as the .audio_data files you want to convert. Then you can simply drag and drop into the Foobar window. Please make sure you have the most recent version of Foobar2000 and vgmstream!

Only a very small handful of the .audio_data files don't decode properly, such as VEH_BWING_ENGINE_LP.AUDIO_DATA. They have an odd loop address that throws off the vgmstream script. You can fix these by removing the 44-byte loop section in the header with a hex editor. Lastly, the WPN_MAGNAGUARDSTAFF_SWIPE sounds are all in 32-bit float @44100Hz rather than ADPCM. You can import these into Audacity easily.
Oh and the METAL_CREAK_BIG_DISTANT files are all for some reason encoded in Ogg Vorbis instead and can be dropped into Audacity WHAT
These formats are a mess and I love it~

Big thanks to my friends cu2, Tatrabbit and robynsun on Discord for helping me out, and of course to connorh315 and ikskoks for the extractor and script!
Thanked by:
(06-06-2022, 12:05 PM)iteachvader Wrote: Better buckle up, this is gonna be a hefty post.

connorh315's DATManager extracts all of the audio from the game. Grab it on GitHub here: https://github.com/connorh315/DATManager
ikskoks over on the Xentax forums wrote a script for converting the .audio_data files with vgmstream:

Code:
codec = IMA
start_offset = 0x5B
channels = 1
interleave = 0x100
sample_rate = @0x0C
num_samples = data_size

Copy this into Notepad, save as all files, and name it ".audio_data.txth". Place it in the vgmstream folder, and now you can drag and drop the files onto the vgmstream exe and it will instantly convert them to wav. The result will be a separate .wav file in the same directory as the original. It even properly converts files with more than one audio channel, at least up to four as far as I've seen.

This also works with Foobar2000 with the vgmstream plugin installed, but you have to place the .txth file in the same directory as the .audio_data files you want to convert. Then you can simply drag and drop into the Foobar window. Please make sure you have the most recent version of Foobar2000 and vgmstream!

Only a very small handful of the .audio_data files don't decode properly, such as VEH_BWING_ENGINE_LP.AUDIO_DATA. They have an odd loop address that throws off the vgmstream script. You can fix these by removing the 44-byte loop section in the header with a hex editor. Lastly, the WPN_MAGNAGUARDSTAFF_SWIPE sounds are all in 32-bit float @44100Hz rather than ADPCM. You can import these into Audacity easily.
Oh and the METAL_CREAK_BIG_DISTANT files are all for some reason encoded in Ogg Vorbis instead and can be dropped into Audacity WHAT

Big thanks to my friends cu2, Tatrabbit and robynsun on Discord for helping me out, and of course to connorh315 and ikskoks for the extractor and script!

Do you know if there is anywhere to just grab the wav files?  This seems sort of complicated and I wasnt able to download anything from the link.
Thanked by:
(06-09-2022, 01:37 PM)dcsimpson Wrote:
(06-06-2022, 12:05 PM)iteachvader Wrote: Better buckle up, this is gonna be a hefty post.

Code:
codec = IMA
start_offset = 0x5B
channels = 1
interleave = 0x100
sample_rate = @0x0C
num_samples = data_size

Do you know if there is anywhere to just grab the wav files?  This seems sort of complicated and I wasnt able to download anything from the link.

It's not gonna be small. Here is every last bit of audio from Lego Star Wars: The Skywalker Saga converted to wav:
Mediafire: https://www.mediafire.com/file/2yy9kffa5...V.zip/file
Mega: https://mega.nz/file/oRNFlRJI#XGldDsWPeL...jN79fCOUMY

I've submitted the majority of these (aside from ambience and cutscenes) to the Sounds Resource.
Thanked by:
(06-12-2022, 12:53 AM)iteachvader Wrote:
(06-09-2022, 01:37 PM)dcsimpson Wrote:

Code:
codec = IMA
start_offset = 0x5B
channels = 1
interleave = 0x100
sample_rate = @0x0C
num_samples = data_size

It's not gonna be small. Here is every last bit of audio from Lego Star Wars: The Skywalker Saga converted to wav: https://www.mediafire.com/file/2yy9kffa5...V.zip/file
I've submitted the majority of these (aside from ambience and cutscenes) to the Sounds Resource.

You're incredible, thank you!
Thanked by: