Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Dango posts his Sprite sheets and asks for opinions and tips!
Lightbulb 
The title says it all.

Is this one good?
[Image: 1648741057.png]
Thanks a lot for reading! 
Thanked by:
Hello friend!

Unfortunately, your sheet isn't visible at the moment. Can you try posting it again?
Thanked by:
(04-01-2022, 02:12 PM)Spriter Theo Wrote: Hello friend!

Unfortunately, your sheet isn't visible at the moment. Can you try posting it again?
Here it is.

Thanked by: Spriter Theo
(04-01-2022, 02:19 PM)Dango Wrote:
(04-01-2022, 02:12 PM)Spriter Theo Wrote: Hello friend!

Here it is.

I can see it now, thanks!

So any particular feedback you are looking for? My immediate thought is that it is a little off model, especially the dorsal fin, but I'm not sure if that is a stylistic choice or not. You may want to study the various Cheep Chomp and Big Bertha sprites from the older Mario games to see how they are drawn/animated
 for inspiration.
Thanked by: Dango
Great! How about this one?    
Thanked by:
(04-02-2022, 01:50 AM)Dango Wrote: Great! How about this one?

I'd recommend giving the Dango a metallic sheen on its shell. I'd also probably add some rivets (the little dots on the side) to make it look more robotic. It would be nice to see the face as well. That would make it easier for players to intuit which way it is walking.
Old Buzzy Beetle sprites would probably serve well as reference.
Alright, it might sound awkward for me replying, but lemme tell you something. NES can handle only 3 colors per sprite, and if you layer 2 sprites for the same thing on top of each other, you get 6 colors. Also, a good sprite editor is Aseprite. Instead of just using Scratch, Aseprite actually has a lot of cool features in it, and I think you should try it. However, its buy-to-play, and the trail works just fine. Alright, enough of my ted-talk, I hope this gave you enough things to improve NES-like artwork. You dont HAVE to use Aseprite, but if you want to use it, trust me, Aseprite is different than Scratch, so it might need some getting used to.