Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
I wish to come back, if you'll have me!
Hello, Kold-Virus aka Tabuu here! How's everybody doing? I've had a so-so few months.

After taking these few months off, I want to come back! I miss this forum. The reason I'd left, if you recall, is that I'd been feeling so absolutely miserable about past decisions I'd made that I could barely function. Especially mentally! Depression was hitting record levels. So much that I had to go see my GP and ask for help.

I was also kicked out of a f__king Zelda discord just for making a Mario drawing with his feet in LAVA in it. In their off-topic art channel. Anyone see the Flash film "Mario Brothers" by Alxlen? That's what got me in hot water there. I began to think everybody hated me. Why? Because Mario ends the video game-over'ing himself.

But lately things have changed: My doctor gave me a rise in my meds, and I feel way better now. But most importantly I'm preparing a big career change. In December 2021, my favourite performer and massive idol died from COVID-19: Carlos Marin of Il Divo. This cemented my passion for music and it made me want to pursue that rather than indie game development. I want to make myself, and him, proud, and I want to create stuff that makes people happy instead of obsessing over my own imperfections.

I wish to become an opera singer! And do opera/pop-crossover too!

So with that? Expect changes in my attitude, as well as my profile and username (As soon as I decide on one), soon enough. I hope the community will still accept me going forward!

Talk to you later!
I'm an opera-crossover singer undergoing classical voice training and I'm also making Super Smash Bros. Feud.

Discord: kold_virus
Thanked by: Ton, Aafyre
Glad to see you’re doing a lot better these days. I’ve had to see a psychiatrist myself when I was younger and I’ve always suffered from ADD. That’s a really weird thing to get banned from a Discord for. It’s awesome to see that you’re actually making steps to pursue your passion as a career. I’ve always just left mine as a hobby and I have a normal office job. The work isn’t too stressful and I get to work from home full time so I can’t complain but it would be cool to do something you’re truly passionate about instead of just a job.
My brother any I have been working on a story for most of our lives that will likely never get finished but it's still a really fun hobby. We've been making a lot of characters during our spare time. My brother draws them in pen and blocks in solid colors in Photoshop and I apply the finishing touches with all of the shading in Photoshop. I'll share a link to our ArtStation page below to show off our characters we've done so far:

My ArtStation page: https://www.artstation.com/search?sort_b...ery=aafyre
Thanked by: Kold-Virus
(04-27-2022, 07:23 AM)Aafyre Wrote: Glad to see you’re doing a lot better these days. I’ve had to see a psychiatrist myself when I was younger and I’ve always suffered from ADD. That’s a really weird thing to get banned from a Discord for. It’s awesome to see that you’re actually making steps to pursue your passion as a career. I’ve always just left mine as a hobby and I have a normal office job. The work isn’t too stressful and I get to work from home full time so I can’t complain but it would be cool to do something you’re truly passionate about instead of just a job.

Yeah, it took me a really, really long time. I'd just recovered from a really brutal and bitter rejection by a girl I was convinced was the love of my life. That was in 2018, but it took a long time to get over. Now I'm in love with the most amazing lady on the planet, I met her earlier last year, I miss her so much! We had to part ways from Discord for reasons out of our control Sad But I still love her deeply. She's actually a member of this very forum! I won't say who, for respecting privacy reasons.

I hear ya on ADD, I think I have a touch of that too. That plus Asperger's. Not cool at times.

And that Zelda discord? "Zelda Creators". Remember that name: stay away. The admin is a pompous, hypocritical jackass, he sold me down the river to look good in front of the others because I used the S word (the one about offing oneself).

And it's SO much fun. Opera singing is a sport, practically. But I love it.
I'm an opera-crossover singer undergoing classical voice training and I'm also making Super Smash Bros. Feud.

Discord: kold_virus
Thanked by: Aafyre