Users browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)
Obey Me Sprite Assembling?
I've been curious about this mobile otome game called "Obey Me" and decided to extract some sprites from the game. The game has animated sprites... which I was expecting to come as a challenge. The game seems to only save the contents locally in the game's data folder (inside of the android folder) once it appears in-game. After getting the sprites, they, expectedly, were put into many different pieces on the canvas. My problem here is... I've searched through the other assets in search of what allows them to assemble correctly in-game, but I am lost on what I'm supposed to be looking for. I immediately thought of the possibility of being Live2D work here.. but I don't see any indicators of it anywhere (I checked the apk itself obb folder as well which the obb one was empty.) I found TextAssets that mention motion sets with expression, body parts, etc., but this is as far as I have gotten. I would assume I would have to assemble it inside of Unity. That's where I am currently.

I hope this was specific enough to understand. I will try to clear up more if asked!
Any assistance would be appreciated!

Edit 2/25: The game has an option to download all data as well

Edit 3/5: Seems like the game used E-Mote Engine after digging around the apk file. Hm, then it's likely the sprites were assembled that way and added in Unity later on.. now the question is how to extract it back into that useable format..
Keep going... you're almost there!

[Image: R.b07ed0d5f9953cb08f3c4dba8d95b859?rik=l...ImgRaw&r=0]
Thanked by:
I looked into the program, and...

Looks like Spine, but for Japanese people.

It's... going to take a while for me to learn how this program works (Since I'm no Japanese person.).

Let me get the sprites and then I'll figure out if I can import the animation files into E-Mote.

If not, well, I'm out of ideas.

UPDATE:
Umm...
[Image: explorer-AF1-Dh347nf.png]
Little help, here? I need the sprites, but all I find is a bunch of no-filetype files.
"Hey, hey, hey! Light the lamp, NOT THE RAT, LIGHT THE LAMP, NOTDARAT!!!!" - Rizzo: The Muppet Christmas Carol

Currently tinkering a few game engines around.

PFP from The Epic Tales of Captain Underpants.
Thanked by:
(03-05-2022, 09:49 AM)RiffOsci Wrote: I looked into the program, and...

It's... going to take a while for me to learn how this program works (Since I'm no Japanese people.).

Let me get the sprites and then I'll figure out if I can import the animation files into E-Mote.

UPDATE:
Umm...
Little help, here? I need the sprites, but all I find is a bunch of no-filetype files.

You can open the no-file types in AssetStudio. It'll spit out the sprite textures of all their costumes and the text asset that goes with each of them.

Update: I tried out the E-Mote program and there is an option to export stuff to unity. I tried it out on the template, and it gives the texture and a bytes file that comes along with it. I'm guessing all the animations are stored within that .bytes file? The chara files in that screenshot seem to work out the same way. Though.. I have no clues of how to put it back into E-Mote.

Thanked by:
(03-07-2022, 04:33 PM)*Asuka* Wrote:

It's... going to take a while for me to learn how this program works (Since I'm no Japanese people.).

UPDATE:
Umm...

You can open the no-file types in AssetStudio. It'll spit out the sprite textures of all their costumes and the text asset that goes with each of them.

Update: I tried out the E-Mote program and there is an option to export stuff to unity. I tried it out on the template, and it gives the texture and a bytes file that comes along with it. I'm guessing all the animations are stored within that .bytes file? The chara files in that screenshot seem to work out the same way. Though.. I have no clues of how to put it back into E-Mote.
[Image: Asset-Studio-GUI-zq-Jod-ACxcf.png]
This could our big clue of ripping the animations.
I heard that Nekopara also uses E-Mote for their animations, and there are tools to extract the animations.

...Maybe they will work, if I renamed the .bytes file to a .psb file and then run the extraction process?

Don't know, but I'll try.

Oh, and here are the tools I mentioned:
https://github.com/UlyssesWu/FreeMote
"Hey, hey, hey! Light the lamp, NOT THE RAT, LIGHT THE LAMP, NOTDARAT!!!!" - Rizzo: The Muppet Christmas Carol

Currently tinkering a few game engines around.

PFP from The Epic Tales of Captain Underpants.
Thanked by:
(03-09-2022, 05:09 PM)RiffOsci Wrote:
(03-07-2022, 04:33 PM)*Asuka* Wrote:

UPDATE:
Umm...

[Image: Asset-Studio-GUI-zq-Jod-ACxcf.png]
This could our big clue of ripping the animations.
I heard that Nekopara also uses E-Mote for their animations, and there are tools to extract the animations.

...Maybe they will work, if I renamed the .bytes file to a .psb file and then run the extraction process?

Don't know, but I'll try.

Oh, and here are the tools I mentioned:
https://github.com/UlyssesWu/FreeMote
Okay, I got the tools you sent. I'll look through them and see what's possible as well.

Edit: Soooo...
[Image: F4VDLjj.jpg]
Seems that it assembles correctly after decompiling the .btyes, rebuilding the .json file it exports (not the resx one) then linking the texture to the newly built .psb. However.... it doesn't seem to carry any of the smooth animations seen in-game. I checked all of the animation tests there.. and none of them are it.. maybe it's stored somewhere else in the game files?

Thanked by:
Let me see if I can do something
Did you say you got the PSB and JSON using Asset Studio or FreeMote?
Thanked by:
(03-29-2022, 05:25 PM)otchi Wrote: Let me see if I can do something
Did you say you got the PSB and JSON using Asset Studio or FreeMote?

I got it using FreeMote. The original files were just the texture and .bytes file

Thanked by: