Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
ripping sprites and maps from two Korean MS-DOS games by Family Production
Alright, I am gonna go straight to the point:
I am trying to get a full 100% clean sprite and map rip of two MS-DOS beat'em'up games made by Family Production (now known as Pentavision):
  • Pee & Gity
  • Pee & Gity Special

Sadly, I know next to nothing about how to rip sprites from a MS-DOS game, let alone a Korean one. At least I was able to create some guesses:
  • the .MAP files in P&G Special might be the map graphics, but I haven't found a program that could open those files
  • VISUAL1.DAT and VISUAL2.DAT in P&G Special might have the graphics for player and enemy sprites, but I don't know for sure since I can't open those files either
  • FX4.DAT in P&G Special might have the graphics for the special effects, but I don't know for sure since I can't open those files either
  • P&G 1 seems to have a lot of FBK files, but I haven't found a program that could open those files

I would be happy if someone could help me out with ripping all the sprites from that game. Thanks in advance!
Thanked by:
I was able to find this, maybe it could be of some help: https://moddingwiki.shikadi.net/wiki/Pee_and_Gity
[Image: lhjFt57.gif][Image: sX7JK6W.gif][Image: 4BB3IOO.gif][Image: qHY3ZCP.gif][Image: oCiv6RT.gif][Image: RNSMdiR.gif][Image: gx5wm3G.gif][Image: ld7rSgS.gif]
Thanked by:
alright, the PCX file in P&G Special gave me hope that it might have at least some of the graphics that I need...that was foolish of me[Image: 1czTyqb.png]
Welp, that was a failure...
Also, I was almost right with my guess regarding the map graphics: it was just the .F files and not the .MAP files...still don't know how get the map graphics out of those compressed files, though...
Thanked by: