Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
PlayStation 1 Ripping Help
Hi, I recently found a game I've been looking for. But it looks like it has been documented and ripped that well. I own the disc but I don't know how to rip from the disc. Is it best if I rip it from an emulator. If so what should I use to rip it? The items I want to rip is the models, and sounds/music.

Can't get anywhere on ripping the sounds/music. Found no AX files and only found STR files which are video files.

Update: I got some help on Discord and I got some sound effects from the game. But still looking for the music. I guess I never said what game I was trying to rip. I'm trying to rip SlamScape.
Thanked by:
(12-17-2021, 03:29 AM)speroketgaming121 Wrote: Hi, I recently found a game I've been looking for. But it looks like it has been documented and ripped that well. I own the disc but I don't know how to rip from the disc. Is it best if I rip it from an emulator. If so what should I use to rip it? The items I want to rip is the models, and sounds/music.

Can't get anywhere on ripping the sounds/music. Found no AX files and only found STR files which are video files.

Update: I got some help on Discord and I got some sound effects from the game. But still looking for the music. I guess I never said what game I was trying to rip. I'm trying to rip SlamScape.

First , before we get into ps1 sounds and model ripping you will need the following . 
 Vgm trans which I've included in a midi ripping tool program bundle : 
 midi tools (mediafire.com)
Lastly psx prev , and jpsxde which I've bundled here :  https://www.mediafire.com/file/7knb4zbvb...ls.7z/file

Now, once, you've extracted everything . In the midi folder / vgmtrans drag an drop your rom  of your game on the vgmtrans .exe. If your game is supported you can export midis and junk . If you just need the actual wav files . In the ps1 tools use the program called jpsxdec. Load your rom with that tool. Click the tab select all audio. Then, use the export tab to export all music files. (You can also do the same thing for video files if you want .)

Now, because most ps1 games can't have models ripped with programs like neosis . Since, the ps1 was direct x 8 based an not direct x 9 . Try using the program called psx prev . Once, you loaded a rom and selected pmd , and other file scanning. The program will attempt to locate models that use the pmd format . 

SAdly because, most ps1 emulators besides duck station lack a z demention buffer. You can not rip 3d models directly from most emulators . Duck station's dev was gonna help add model ripping features but, has stopped making that feature . Due, to people stealing his source code for clone emulators . 

So, psc prev is the main way to get 3d models. IF the game doesnt use heavy compression .
Thanked by:
I've been trying to find phone app free games similar to "old-school" popular games of the early 90s. Does anyone know the title apps names for free games like Virtual On, Spyhunter, and Guardian Legend? [Image: Spy_Hunter_side_art.png]
[Image: screenlg1.jpg]

[Image: MV5BMjNhN2I3NWYtYzQ5ZC00YzE4LThmMDktMTEy...0,281_.jpg]
Thanked by:
(12-17-2021, 03:29 AM)speroketgaming121 Wrote: Hi, I recently found a game I've been looking for. But it looks like it has been documented and ripped that well. I own the disc but I don't know how to rip from the disc. Is it best if I rip it from an emulator. If so what should I use to rip it? The items I want to rip is the models, and sounds/music.

psx tools there is a link ill look up the link for ya 
but there are programs...
Thanked by: