Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Ripping Live2D from Mobile games? (Android, mostly unity based)
Is there any guide perhaps for it?

I did find some guides but the game I was trying to rip doesn't seem to produce .moc3 or .json files (which I assume is usually the script for the movement).

I have only used AssetStudio for ripping so far, which only got me the textures? (body but split into several parts).

I tried using UnityLive2DExtractor, but it never seem to work (and I can't find any guides for it), unfortunately.

Any help/guides would be appreciated.

Ah, if the game matters: its Idola Phantasy Star Saga (Japan version).

I've ripped most of what I want aside battle sprites (which I assume is live2D for the older chars, as newer chars are 3D).
I have 0 experience with ripping Live2D though, hence the need for guide.
Thanked by:
i had no idea unitylive2dextractor existed, but thats such a neat tool!! i wasnt able to get it to work on my current project but hopefully i can give you some pointers:

first thing id do is see if you can tell what version of live2d cubism its using, rn the application only seems to support cubism 3, and i dont know how well it would work for cubism 4. just from a consumer standpoint the program changed some of their functions pretty considerably

this program absolutely is meant to be used with assetstudio, one of the maintainers is a maintainer for assetstudio, and it references a lot of assetstudios libraries. in... theory unity games that all use the cubism sdk should have the same system of containing files? im not that familiar with the sdk otl. for the game im working with (mahoyaku), it bundles all of the live2d relevant information into a unityfs file. when exported you should have obj, json, and png files. if its not extracting these than thats one thing, if it doesnt contain them at all then thats another. i dont know why they would separate out data, as the model relies on all of the aforementioned files to do its most basic functions like... exist

also, when you try and run it through unitylive2dextractor, does it give you any errors? mostly out of curiosity, for me 90% of the time it just quits itself, the other 10% it... says it completed the conversion but didnt

would you be willing to provide some of the model files youre tryna rip? i can mess around with them and see if i come up with anything
... and, for yourself, the sincere regards of your devoted,
Arsène Lupin
(they/them)
Thanked by:
(11-30-2021, 09:55 PM)monlupin Wrote: i had no idea unitylive2dextractor existed, but thats such a neat tool!! i wasnt able to get it to work on my current project but hopefully i can give you some pointers:

first thing id do is see if you can tell what version of live2d cubism its using, rn the application only seems to support cubism 3, and i dont know how well it would work for cubism 4. just from a consumer standpoint the program changed some of their functions pretty considerably

this program absolutely is meant to be used with assetstudio, one of the maintainers is a maintainer for assetstudio, and it references a lot of assetstudios libraries. in... theory unity games that all use the cubism sdk should have the same system of containing files? im not that familiar with the sdk otl. for the game im working with (mahoyaku), it bundles all of the live2d relevant information into a unityfs file. when exported you should have obj, json, and png files. if its not extracting these than thats one thing, if it doesnt contain them at all then thats another. i dont know why they would separate out data, as the model relies on all of the aforementioned files to do its most basic functions like... exist

also, when you try and run it through unitylive2dextractor, does it give you any errors? mostly out of curiosity, for me 90% of the time it just quits itself, the other 10% it... says it completed the conversion but didnt

would you be willing to provide some of the model files youre tryna rip? i can mess around with them and see if i come up with anything
Someone helped me check the game over and mentioned theres no live2d DLL being used in the game.

So I am assuming its AnimationBase (prob one of the base animation options in Unity?)

Sure, I'll post some of the files (which I assume are related to one of the chars).
May have some unrelated ones, though.

These were already dumped by AssetStudio.

https://anonfiles.com/teLee1Zau2/summer_stella_zip

-

Live2DExtractor only said "done" or simply quits while "procecssing / loading" on me, with no output.
Needed to use command line for it from what they said, but I didn't have any Live2D games (just my luck, out of 5-6 too) to try it on lol.

Trying it on Idola was pointless since its not Live2D, I assume.
Thanked by:
First, if your using bluestacks emulator . Go into a program like winrar. Go to android / obb and locate your games obb files and zip it . To the same for android / data and zip your game data for the program.

Now, go to the folder manager on bluestacks . Click explore and go to android /data and android / obb and export your files to windows .  After , you done that . Extract your files . In the obb folder rename the extention obb to .zip . You must go to file / view and enable the file name extention box . 

Extract the obb.zip and you will gain access to your game's unity assets . Make sure the data and obb data are in the same folder . Use asset studio to scan the root folder so your scanning both the data and obb data files. 

This should let you extract all the models , animations , and extra junk you may want .
Thanked by: