Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
difficulty in ripping a model, changing the shape, and putting back into a game?
hey guys. i'm wanting to try and rip a 3d model from a ps2 game, then somewhat alter the shape, and then put it back into the game. basically, i want to replace the head of a character with a dog. it would be static and doesn't have to move at all. does anyone know of instances of people doing this successfully or have any leads about where i could look into something like this? my limited understanding is that it's much more challenging than something like changing a texture, bordering on impossible without high level coding skills. specifically, the game is metal gear solid 3, or the hd collection which contains snake eater
Thanked by:
(11-19-2021, 07:12 PM)somethingwicked Wrote: hey guys. i'm wanting to try and rip a 3d model from a ps2 game, then somewhat alter the shape, and then put it back into the game. basically, i want to replace the head of a character with a dog. it would be static and doesn't have to move at all. does anyone know of instances of people doing this successfully or have any leads about where i could look into something like this? my limited understanding is that it's much more challenging than something like changing a texture, bordering on impossible without high level coding skills.

There's a tutorial right here. do note that it does kind of change depending on the game though.
 how to change username
Thanked by: