Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
[solved!] alchemy star ripping (files refuse to open in anything?)
Neutral 
ok so, ive been trying to rip assets from alch stars for the wikia, because its... pretty sparse. however the files are an absolute mess? has anyone else looked at the alch stars files? if anyone wants to rummage around in the files themselves, im more than happy to provide the ones i have!
alchemy stars is a unity mobile game, im working off of android files

alch stars has both a cache + 2 obb files, which seems pretty promising, but i cannot for the life of me view them in any meaningful way.
first the cache--its either in .bundle or .luac files, and theyre not encrypted as far as i understand.
[Image: unknown.png]
heres a bit of one of the .bundle files, it feels like it should be readable, but every program refuses to open it. uabea just crashes which... is how it likes to complain, it seems.
assetstudio gives this error on both extract + load:
assetripper says this:
i gave uabe + unity studio a try even though theyre outdated just in case, and still nada. its a small file too, 8kb, so im not sure why that would be stopping it.

the obb file i just... cant figure out what it is. theres two of them, one titled 'main' and the other titled 'patch'. i cant get main.obb to open in my hex editor, it runs out of memory, and the header for the patch.obb says that the filetype is... fat32lib? remarkably unhelpful. ive tried the standard rar, zip, 7z, etc. but havent gotten anything.

any ideas at all would be greatly appreciated!

edit: for the obb files you need to do an image flash of the files? i have no idea how it works but it does, i used imdisk, copied the files over, bam its all there. alas the filetype is not fat32, that is the file system of the disk/drive/whatever. .bundle files are unityfs files, its just that the header on every single one is fucked up and have duplicated chunks. just slap it into a hex editor and delete the duplicated part, then assetstudio works fine.
theres 4 other filetypes ive found in the alchemy stars files-- .luac, .acb, .awb, and .awf, which are their own issues. they'll need decompilers programmed for them, and im pretty sure that the .luac files are  encrypted
... and, for yourself, the sincere regards of your devoted,
Arsène Lupin
(they/them)
Thanked by: CatOnKeyboard