Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
How to arrange tilesets into something actually useable
THIS IS ASKING FOR HELP, NOT REQUESTING, EVEN IF YOU MAY DERIVE A REQUEST CONNOTATION FROM SOME OF THE FOLLOWING, I KNOW HOW SERIOUS Y’ALL ARE ABOUT DENIAL OF REQUESTS

I do not rip sprites. I simply want to be able to actually use the sprites you higher work ethic people at this site have kindly supplied.
First, what I use:
I use IbisPaint most of the time (sometimes GIMP) for manipulation of sprites. It sounds stupid, but it works fine for me.

For me, tilesets are okay for mid ground objects (Stage collision), but totally indecipherable anywhere else, like parallax backgrounds or even still backgrounds. Usually tilesets aren’t a problem for me, since I can rely on kindly supplied constructed backgrounds, and my only interest in tilesets is how to navigate off that page and find the constructed background, such as in, say, Retro Sonic, Retro Kirby & other retro sprite pages. 

The problem stems from when there is no constructed background, such as in the page for Shovel Knight. 
Although the best thing would of course be some nice fellow stopping by the page and building the background for us, all of us know that will never happen in a timely manner with such a stigma on requests, So I wish to figure out the next best thing: how to fix the sheets myself for personal use.

Are there any (free, of course, do you take me for someone who has money) tools that can turn the mess of tiles into the intended look of the background? (preferably on IOS, although I can still make use of tools on my computer)
Thanked by: