Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Section placed incorrectly?
Question 
I was browsing through The Spriters Resource when I noticed the Leapster console mysteriously being located in the main Consoles section.
Was this an oversight from part of someone who manages the website or is it there visible only for me because I uploaded sheets to it?
P.S.: I'm not going crazy.. just today I had accessed this section via Other Systems!
[Image: unknown.png]
[Image: hqdefault.jpg]
It's a stone Luigi, you didn't make it.
Thanked by: Petie
Placement in the “main” section is based on monthly activity so it’s not a mistake but something is definitely odd as a category with a single game and a only handful sheets in that game shouldn’t be seeing that kind of traffic. I’ll have to look into what’s going on.

Edit: After looking into this a little more closely, I don't think anything odd is going on here. In the past, we've had people try to intentionally inflate the hit count of various sections of the site but in this case, I don't see any huge jumps in Leapster activity over the last few months and nothing in the access logs looks terribly out of place either. My guess is that the sheets you uploaded recently have given the Leapster category a boost as Sonic is a popular series on the site as a whole. Since the monthly stats reset at midnight on the 1st of each month, that extra bit of activity pushed Leapster into the top 25 for the moment. I imagine things will even out in the next day or two and you'll see it return to the "Other Systems" section soon enough. Still, I appreciate the report all the same and totally get why you'd be confused seeing it there.
Thanked by: DogToon64, tent2