Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Ripping map from Persona 5 Strikers
I'm completely new to ripping as I've generally been more focused on creating my own assets, however as of late I've been wanting to port the Sendai location from Persona 5 Strikers into VRchat to be used with my WIP RV map. Despite my best efforts however, I've been totally unable to figure out how to properly rip a map from the game.

First, I tried grabbing Ninja Ripper 2 and using that directly on the map while the game was running.

[Image: unknown.png]

This is the culmination of those attempts. There's something there, but there's no way I could piece it back together by hand.

So my next lead was to use some established ripping tools intended for character models (Noesis w/ a special plugin). This led to some results! I could get the meshes themselves ripped from Sendai. The only problem is... All the meshes are stored separate from eachother with no way to differentiate the models that make up Sendai. Trying to build the map from that would be like looking for 500 needles in an infinite haystack, then piecing them together. Not really an option.

So, with the only options my noobie brain can think of exhausted, I come to you smart ripper people. How can I get this map ripped?
Thanked by:
I took a quick look at these RDB maps at some point and I was planning to add map support to my Noesis plugin https://forum.xentax.com/viewtopic.php?p=168951#p168951 (Age of calamity here but the Strikers has the same logic) but switched to something else and never went back to it. , I may finish this later but don't hold your breath, I'm quite busy right with other projects
Thanked by: Voidcake
(09-10-2021, 06:16 PM)Joschka Wrote: I took a quick look at these RDB maps at some point and I was planning to add map support to my Noesis plugin https://forum.xentax.com/viewtopic.php?p=168951#p168951 (Age of calamity here but the Strikers has the same logic) but switched to something else and never went back to it. , I may finish this later but don't hold your breath, I'm quite busy right with other projects

Damn, would absolutely love to see this feature finished though! With something like that, I'd port ALL of Strikers maps.

How far along was this developed? Would it be something I could mess around with and get something out of?

In any case, thank you for your contributions to these types of files!
Thanked by: Joschka
> How far along was this developed? Would it be something I could mess around with and get something out of?

Unfortunately it was just some basic testing with a lot of hardcoded values so it's not user friendly at all, especially since you'd have to be familiar with the whole RDB filesystem. I'll check my notes next week if I have some time and see if I can come up with something somewhat working without doing too much additionnal research (lack of time for this). I'll keep you updated on this thread.

> In any case, thank you for your contributions to these types of files!

You're welcome, glad that you like it.
Thanked by: Voidcake
(09-11-2021, 04:33 AM)Joschka Wrote: > How far along was this developed? Would it be something I could mess around with and get something out of?

Unfortunately it was just some basic testing with a lot of hardcoded values so it's not user friendly at all, especially since you'd have to be familiar with the whole RDB filesystem. I'll check my notes next week if I have some time and see if I can come up with something somewhat working without doing too much additionnal research (lack of time for this). I'll keep you updated on this thread.

> In any case, thank you for your contributions to these types of files!

You're welcome, glad that you like it.

Thank you!!! I look forward to seeing what you put together. Even something that just specifically rips Sendai would be amazing.

Infinite gratitude.
Thanked by: