Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
[SOLVED] Need help with a model with more than one UV map
(Couldn't think of a good title name, LOL.)

Hey guys! I was checking my Waddle Wing model from Mario Kart 8 with Peardian's new model checker tool (which some of you may or may not know about), and it gave me the following error:
Quote:Mesh "Wing_Zng__m_Wing" has more than one UV map. Since not all programs can load more than one UV map per mesh, you should export a version of the model that includes a separate mesh for each UV map (if you have not done so already).

How do I make a separate mesh for each UV map in Blender?
(Sorry if I sound like a newb, I'm still learning how to use Blender, and stuff like this is kind of greek to me. Tongue)

Here's the model in question:
[SNIP - I no longer need the attachment for said model now that I've figured out how to split UVs. If you need the Waddle Wing model before it's released on the Models Resource, feel free to PM me for it. - DogToon64]

EDIT: I've figured out how to properly split UVs from a model, and I no longer need this thread (I might make a tutorial later on).

This thread is now closed.
If you can't handle the heat.
You can't handle the Neutron Style.
Thanked by: Alefy San
I'm using 2.79b so it might be different for you but the general ideas should hold

1. have your mesh with 2 UV maps
  2. duplicate the mesh twice
  3. don't change mesh 0 (the original), keep it around
  4. delete UV 2 from mesh 1, so it only has UV 1
  5. delete UV 1 from mesh 2, so it only has UV 2
  6. name them accordingly

it's not hard to generalize to any number of UV maps, just duplicate until you have one mesh per map and delete all but one on each (and keeping the original)
Thanked by:
(Sorry that it took me so long to respond back.)

So after doing so after experimenting with it in Blender, I'm not exactly sure if I'm making any progress.
Here's my current progress so far:
[SNIP - No longer need the attachment up]
Thanked by:
Alright, I decided to take another go at it, and here's how it turned out:
[SNIP - No longer need the attachment up]

Peardian's Model Checker said there wasn't any problems with it, however, one of the meshes is in a different position than the other:

Is there any way to fix it?
Thanked by: