Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Processing Unlimited Saga (PS2) Sprites
I've started to rip sprites from the game Unlimited Saga for the PS2.

Been alot of trial and error to find a way that works. Since it is a SE game, viewing files within the iso is a nightmare. Had no luck in extracting via TextER, QuickBMS or a dedicated iso program. The most I could extract was ui & spell sprites plus video files. There looks like at least 1GB of files that are off-limits.

So I'm resorting to using Ninja Ripper. It is working ok so far however making a sprite sheet is extremely difficult because the game loads sprites (sometimes both monster & character) over each other. So it's a bit of a jigsaw puzzle to piece them together and guess what is missing. There must be an easier way to do this since there are already several sprite sheets uploaded in the format the game uses.

For now I'm just saving the tm2 textures as dds files and then converting them to png. I've attached a before and after example of the process. The reversing of the red & blue channels is the easy part but I'm not sure how well I'm flattening the image while preserving the feathered edge. I'm at least aiming to rip the monster & character portraits.

So basically I'm just wondering if I'm going about this the right way.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Thanked by: