Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
HTTYD Titan Uprising - Ripping model folder woes
Well, this is a kinda, worked the first time and suddenly the second time it doesn't want to stay and i'm wondering if I'm doomed, or is there a fix.

I did the model rip via backup-ing the APK with a phone files app, opening said APK, and getting the folder with the game models. From there I used Assetstudio to rip the game models and finally Noesis to settle the bones and models to the correct size and placement.

That was the first time.

Now I re-downloaded the game thinking to keep it there in case of updates, do the same go around as before, and the folder in which the dragons models should be...are not there. It's the base set of dragons (6) instead of what I managed to get/have downloaded (52). As far as I know, I've downloaded the whole update that was needed before since any downloaded APK of the game has the base set of dragons due to it. See also, the APK backup is 161mb, while downloaded fresh is 153mb.
See also also, the backup is listed as 161mb on the file app, but once I try to transfer the APK (via direct usb cord to phone, or download to G!drive and re-download to browser) to fiddle with it on a browser version with 7-zip it suddenly becomes 153mb again...explain that one to me. Rolleyes

So with all that out I'm wondering these,
1. Why is it the dragon model folder has decided, even though it worked the first time around, to not have everything even though the APK is bigger and working fine on my phone?

2. How would one work around to get the full game models if the previous way to do it isn't working?

There's a few more questions, related to Noesis transfers model smoothness, but I'm more focusing on the base issue first.
Thanked by:
(07-05-2021, 05:05 PM)random_person Wrote: Well, this is a kinda, worked the first time and suddenly the second time it doesn't want to stay and i'm wondering if I'm doomed, or is there a fix.

I did the model rip via backup-ing the APK with a phone files app, opening said APK, and getting the folder with the game models. From there I used Assetstudio to rip the game models and finally Noesis to settle the bones and models to the correct size and placement.

That was the first time.

Now I re-downloaded the game thinking to keep it there in case of updates, do the same go around as before, and the folder in which the dragons models should be...are not there. It's the base set of dragons (6) instead of what I managed to get/have downloaded (52). As far as I know, I've downloaded the whole update that was needed before since any downloaded APK of the game has the base set of dragons due to it. See also, the APK backup is 161mb, while downloaded fresh is 153mb.
See also also, the backup is listed as 161mb on the file app, but once I try to transfer the APK (via direct usb cord to phone, or download to G!drive and re-download to browser) to fiddle with it on a browser version with 7-zip it suddenly becomes 153mb again...explain that one to me. Rolleyes

1. Why is it the dragon model folder has decided, even though it worked the first time around, to not have everything even though the APK is bigger and working fine on my phone?

2. How would one work around to get the full game models if the previous way to do it isn't working?

There's a few more questions, related to Noesis transfers model smoothness, but I'm more focusing on the base issue first.
I can help you if you have Android: In file manager, go to Android, data and locate com.ludia.dragons3 Copy it to your computer and use assetstudio on it. There should be the models.
Thanked by:
(07-05-2021, 05:05 PM)random_person Wrote: Well, this is a kinda, worked the first time and suddenly the second time it doesn't want to stay and i'm wondering if I'm doomed, or is there a fix.

That was the first time.

I know this is late but please tell me if it's possible to extract this game's models from iOS. I've been trying so many times but nothing worked
Thanked by: