Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Blender DAE export issues
OK so I'm trying to get the Peach model from Mario Golf Super Rush set up to upload to TMR. But, for the life of me I can't export a .dae that displays properly in both Blender 2.79 and 2.8. I normally do most of my work in 2.79 because I'm more familiar with the interface. However when I loaded my exported .dae into 2.8 to test how it looked, the model was laying flat on the ground, while the armature remained upright. OK so I fix it up in 2.8 and export it, now it's flat on the ground in 2.79. I'm at the end of my patience, I'm beginning to think I just can't submit models that aren't custom because I'm incapable of exporting them in a way that will be accepted. I've tried both Blender's "default" DAE exporter and the "Better" Collada exporter plugin that is supposed to fix the shortcomings of Blender's default one. But I'm getting this issue in some form or another with both.

This is the same collada file opened in Blender 2.79 and 2.8:
[Image: hiGBQhk.png]

Here is a zip file of some of my exports, if anyone wants to have a look. Am I overthinking this or are these exports genuinely fucked like I think they are? There's always the original exported .dae from Switch Toolbox- but I feel like that has to be missing some modifications needed to be approved on the site.
[Image: OOovP5l.gif]
Thanked by:
When exporting rigs, it's always best to apply all object transforms (ie. you want all objects to have Loc=0, Rot=0, Scale=1).

So I import your Peach1.dae in 2.8, select all mesh objects, rotate so they're standing up, then select everything (both meshes and armature) and do Object > Apply > Rotation, and export. The .dae I get works in both 2.79 and 2.8 for me.
Thanked by: Fawfulthegreat64
(06-27-2021, 02:28 AM)scurest Wrote: When exporting rigs, it's always best to apply all object transforms (ie. you want all objects to have Loc=0, Rot=0, Scale=1).

So I import your Peach1.dae in 2.8, select all mesh objects, rotate so they're standing up, then select everything (both meshes and armature) and do Object > Apply > Rotation, and export. The .dae I get works in both 2.79 and 2.8 for me.

Always a simple solution I overlook lol. Thanks! Just submitted it, hopefully it's all good now.
[Image: OOovP5l.gif]
Thanked by: