Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
.sig and .sif Files?
Hello!

I'm trying to rip models from the Sonic and Sega All Stars Racing game on the Wii. I've got the files on Dolphin and I am able to download all of the assets. However, all of the files that I assume are the models and textures are in the .sig and .sif format. By doing a Google search, somebody ripping another version- I think it was the Xbox 360 version- came up with .zig and .zif formats. I also found a BMS script on the QuickBMS website, and I've tried that, but it doesn't seem to be able to read .sig or .sif files. I know this game has a PC port with different file types, so maybe that script was meant for the PC release?

Things I've learned that might be helpful include that the game uses the Sunshine Engine, so I looked up all of the games that do and saw if they have any similar file types. They don't.

This game is made by Sega, obviously, but I can't find any other time they've used these file types. There might be a commonality within the games the developers have published, such as Sumo Digital, Gameloft, or Feral Interactive, but maybe I'm looking too deep into this.

This game hasn't gotten a track yet on the Model's Resource, and I really want to see if I can grab one. Maybe it would be a lot faster if I just got the PC version of the game, but I already own the Wii version and went through all of the trouble dumping it and homebrewing my Wii, I kinda want to finish what I started. Thanks for any other information!

EDIT: Well shoot, thought I posted in Model's Resource forum. If somebody could move this, I'd be super glad. Sorry!
Do you think that Wishiwashi would like ketchup or mayonnaise more?
I'd think Wishiwashi would be a herbivore, meaning that mayonnaise would be off of their list.
Personally, I prefer ketchup.
Thanked by:
(06-25-2021, 02:22 PM)Tooby_Two Wrote: Hello!

I'm trying to rip models from the Sonic and Sega All Stars Racing game on the Wii. I've got the files on Dolphin and I am able to download all of the assets. However, all of the files that I assume are the models and textures are in the .sig and .sif format. By doing a Google search, somebody ripping another version- I think it was the Xbox 360 version- came up with .zig and .zif formats. I also found a BMS script on the QuickBMS website, and I've tried that, but it doesn't seem to be able to read .sig or .sif files. I know this game has a PC port with different file types, so maybe that script was meant for the PC release?

Things I've learned that might be helpful include that the game uses the Sunshine Engine, so I looked up all of the games that do and saw if they have any similar file types. They don't.

This game is made by Sega, obviously, but I can't find any other time they've used these file types. There might be a commonality within the games the developers have published, such as Sumo Digital, Gameloft, or Feral Interactive, but maybe I'm looking too deep into this.

This game hasn't gotten a track yet on the Model's Resource, and I really want to see if I can grab one. Maybe it would be a lot faster if I just got the PC version of the game, but I already own the Wii version and went through all of the trouble dumping it and homebrewing my Wii, I kinda want to finish what I started. Thanks for any other information!

EDIT: Well shoot, thought I posted in Model's Resource forum. If somebody could move this, I'd be super glad. Sorry!
Im with the same problem. Trying to rip Sandy Drift (smbmedium in the games file i think) (note: the pc version of the game uses .zif (model) and .zig (textures? the file is really small.) files for the tracks but inside an xpac file)
Thanked by:
Did you try using QuickBMS scripts? It's on the official QuickBMS website, but it doesn't seem to show the type of file format we both are using. You could still try that or another BMS script designed for the .zig and .zif files. My guess is that both files are compressed in this format that needs to be decompressed. Once I found this website that let me (kinda?) read the .sif file, and I realized that the .sif file is just a glorified ZIP folder. There were directories for different files and folders within this file. How to transform this .sif file into a bunch of different files is beyond me. The PC version is only 10 bucks on Steam, I could probably just use that...
Do you think that Wishiwashi would like ketchup or mayonnaise more?
I'd think Wishiwashi would be a herbivore, meaning that mayonnaise would be off of their list.
Personally, I prefer ketchup.
Thanked by:
Any update?
Thanked by: