Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Live Action Game Movies
okay, we all know of the terrible down fall of "The Super Mario Bros." movie, but there were some other good vg live action movies, Mortal Kombat, Resident Evil, Tomb Raider, etc. I'm just wondering what classic and/or new age video games should be turned into live action movies, personally, I think Megaman and Pac-Man should be two of them
There is nothing to understand, that's why nothing understands it
Thanked by:
Pac-Man the Movie, it is very interesting on how I want it
Thanked by:
MGS

/thread
Thanked by:
MGS is already a movie. Might as well just film someone playing it.
Thanked by:
Zeph Wrote:MGS is already a movie. Might as well just film someone playing it.

the whole point of making a game a movie is to make it in a different "perspective", like you wouldn't see Snake walking into a wall for hours on end trying to figure out what to do, you'd se it more like a film than a Video Game... I just lost myself in what I said... what kind of genius am I? -.-'
Thanked by:
Elite Beat Agents is what I'd love to see.
Thanked by:
I want a Super Mario Kart movie similar to the Speed Racer movie. Just for kicks. Tongue
Thanked by:
None, none at all. All movie adaptations of games end up horrible, and I want to keep my positive memories of franchises sound.

That said, Kirby.
Human.
De.
De.
De.

Would pay to see.
Thanked by:
Zelda might make a good movie. Of course, after seeing IGN's "Zelda Movie", I don't think it would look too good. Don't get me wrong, I'd love something like a Zelda CG movie. Probably not a live-action one though, unless they get better-looking actors.
Thanked by:
PHOENIX WRIGHT
ACE ATTOURNEY
TOURNABOUT: THE MOVIE

also the Super Mario Brothers movie wasn't so bad. I liked it :<
HAVE I BEEN MISLEAD?? [Image: TeamStory.gif] THE DREAM ISN'T DEAD???

Thanked by:
We know how badly vg to live-action turns out. Just look at Uwe Boll...
I think HL2 would be pretty cool. Or even the first one.
Even just so as I can sit there and go "Pssh. that's not what happens! It goes like this -rant-" and then I could feel all smug and elitist. XD
Sweetness, I was only joking when I said I'd like to smash every tooth in your head.
Sweetness, I was only joking when I said by rights you should be bludgeoned in your bed.

[Image: sig2.jpg]
Thanked by:
I loved the Mario Bros movie, best adaptation of vg to movie ever.
However, I think that a Suikoden based movie could easily work, but then that defys the actual point of Suikoden in how it is actually just a retelling of ancient stories from china on how a small force can take down a force as great as, say, the empire.

But yeah, a Castlevania movie which is already in the makes, a "Disgaea-based-set-of-games" movie, and a Fahrenheit movie.
Tsunami Bomb - The Simple Truth
We could run away
Leave behind anything paper
Not knowing where we're going to stay
When there's no Mondays

You're part of me, it's so easy to see the simple truth
When I'm in your arms, I feel safe from harm and sorrow too
You're part of me, it's so easy to see the simple truth
But most of all, nothing couldn't be solved when I'm with you
Thanked by:
I wouldn't want a Zelda movie, it could end up being a piece of crap and I'm already disappointed enough with the two newest games.

Actually, a Kirby movie sounds like it'd be fun. Big Grin
Thanked by:
I know of a video game adaptation that will never happen.

Monkey Ball.

PETA would be cockfaggots.

"ZOMG U LOK MOKNES INSIDE BALLZ LOLZ I SED BALLZ!!!"

But anyway, Beyond Good & Evil should be made into either a live-action film or a cartoon series made by a French / Canadian company.
Thanked by:
Dazz Wrote:I loved the Mario Bros movie, best adaptation of vg to movie ever.

I'd hate to say it, but I strongly disagree, to me, the Mario Bros. movie nearly had NOTHING to do with the game, the only thing that was the same was that the Mario bros. were plumbers, Luigi loved Daisy, and bowser was the antagonists... also the way they had portrayed the goombas and koopas (if there were any) and Toad, was just... odd and creepy... The only thing I actually liked in that movie, was how they portrayed Yoshi, he looked really bad ass in that movie.

dog damn I hope this doesn't cause anything
Thanked by: