Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Library of Old Pixels
Since people seem to like my old work, I'll be posting my backlog of pixel schenanigans from old yesteryear. Have fun using these for whatever reason you like.  Big Grin

[Image: HFjX6MG.png]
This is a shooting star which was used for 2 Souls' Tale's intro cut scene. It played during the galaxy scene.
I think there may have been too many frames. Unsure It's labeled "Kate & John" because of the woman I used to be with. John happens to be part of my real name and I'm not afraid of people knowing it.

[Image: aIltqim.png]
This was made as an effect of attack and defense stats being increased or decreased. It was patterned after the sword and shield concept art from the first Legend of Zelda.

[Image: dAJfg3A.png]
I forget what this was going to be used for in 2 Souls'. I think it may have been for acquiring the sword spin attack for the Hero of Time class. The pattern on the floor was hard to make even without spreading it across several tiles because of the stairs.

[Image: Q5lXJnb.png]
The indoors tile set to Faxanadu's Kingdom of Eolis area in 2 Souls'. Lots of different things here.

[Image: l6aebbX.gif]
Here's something unseen. Dazz wanted me to create a replacement animation for his select a letter pixelart. As you can see, the pixel art was unfinished.

[Image: LqznjfW.gif]
Here's the Final Destination stage from Smash Bros. for 3ds/Wii U. This was before I knew that the other half of the stage didn't look at all like that. The sheet is already on TSR, but I decided to show the old animated gif for it.

[Image: oj6aimV.gif]
EVERYONE should know this one. My first real background piece. Sheet's already on the SR, but I wanted to show the gif.

More stuff to come!
God is good.  Big Grin

An old fart who sits on a chair, giving animation and pixeling advice,... and calls everyone son...
Thanked by: DioShiba, rufaswan
Some more stuff!

[Image: iFrppYK.gif]
This was a design I was using for a possible Captain N reboot. I based him on his Battle Network variation and Cloud Man from 7.

[Image: tVcGhK3.png]
The Grass Land tileset. Used for the main wilderness area for the Mushroom Kingdom in 2 Souls'. It was going to be used in Mushroom and Bandit's Way (even though SMRPG didn't have this design in those areas).

[Image: uSoJurE.png]
The Master Bedroom from Mario Galaxy. Not sure why this wasn't put on TSR.

[Image: oUk18iI.gif][Image: ZhF00h1.gif]
Some animations of the Summoned Boss (Kamek fight) Black Jewel from Wario World. I really wanted to do this guy justice as there weren't many 8-bit representations of him and Wario's games I remember quite fondly.

[Image: 7GsKvd8.gif][Image: ODidUsD.gif]
Dark Man Tank from Mega Man V. He was going to be the guardian of the front door of Wily's Castle in 2 Souls'. I animated his driving based on the Metal Slug and Mr. Chung who had used to work for EA Mobile gave me some pointers on how the tank treads should move.

More sprites to come!
God is good.  Big Grin

An old fart who sits on a chair, giving animation and pixeling advice,... and calls everyone son...
[Image: jqn2qeI.png]
Magicant tileset.

[Image: lFs6PdY.gif][Image: yy9RV2p.gif]
Carbuncle animations. Tried to get super detailed.

[Image: 9VVjr0u.gif][Image: dzOV05a.gif][Image: cVrtZwY.gif]
Just some Nu animations. I tried just taking the sprites from Chrono Trigger and giving them a smoother motion. There was supposed to be an optional fight against a Nu in each world.

[Image: OfiAVZC.gif]
A strike effect whenever you struck an enemy with a blunt object like a club. Based on a Smash Bros. effect.

[Image: C7j7iNh.gif]
Amy turning. She was supposed to be looking over a banister while on a crate in Rabanastre in the Final Fantasy world. She turns to talk to you. When you find Sonic, you can speak to all the characters from Sonic (this included Sally and the Freedom FIghters) as they were scattered throughout the multiverse and they would go look for him. How many you find during this side quest would have affected the game's ending.

[Image: Eh1DUOP.gif]
A Stone Rose head animation from Castlevania.
God is good.  Big Grin

Awfully fluid animations, really love them.

Also looked through your old thread from years ago, very impressive:
https://www.vg-resource.com/thread-25576.html
Ripping Tutorial for PC Engine / TurboGrafx 16 / TurboGrafx CD
https://www.vg-resource.com/thread-41637.html
Thanked by: SmithyGCN
I'm surprised anyone cares about that topic anymore. Ugh... I don't like how I used to be, but the thread helped me find some old stuff. Anyway, glad you like this work. I'll be sure to put more up.
God is good.  Big Grin

Thanked by:
I remember some of these from back in the day, mainly the Brawl FD pixel art and the Black Jewel. Christ time flies when you've been a part of the community but got invested into other things.

Anyhow I'm glad I'm not the only one who ended up looking back on some of their older works. This was kind of touched on the Pixel Joint Discord recently after some of us on there talked about how we all ended up getting into Pixel Art. (Actually that might be a worthwhile thread on another note)
Discord is Dioshiba#9513
The past be psychedelic, eh, man?  Smug

I kid. I used to be unable to learn anything meaningful... it was a dark period.
That's all in the past, but I still created some remarkable stuff if I do say so, myself.

Now... I plan on pixeling again some time. Dunno when, but it'll have to wait until I finish my first book.
I also plan on films and other such things.

When it comes to games? I won't say yet.

[Image: kKtrioe.gif]
This was an enemy for a game idea that I never unveiled. The ninja and the knight are from Tales of Destiny and not made by me. However, everything else is. This was a Time Mage. He was some kind of eldritch abomination that would change the time of day to augment their own stats and dwindle yours. Thus, the tarot looking sun there. (No, not into tarot cards) I tried seeing what kind of animations I could do with a limited number of frames and...

[Image: WS7gNdl.gif]
This turned out pretty good! I animated others, but imgur won't let me upload them. ><

[Image: ew4qpv3.gif]
This is an animation demonstrating the use of the Strength Up skill effect for 2 Souls'.

[Image: qcx54UI.gif]
An animation of the Ghoul enemy from 7th Saga. I could have done this one better, but it was for the GND Remix project. Thing is, I KNOW I can do much better now having learned a lot about animation and pixel work.

[Image: mZMxc9U.gif]
Girl, slide those feet!

[Image: b95mPgP.gif]
An animation of a barrel being busted open. I didn't add the dust cloud effects it needed.

[Image: 7ZtuHjj.gif][Image: xVqzBWI.gif]
Finally, some Cornelius. In 2 Souls', he was an assist character who followed you around and fought monsters by your side.

EDIT: You know, DioShiiba... your signature is good advice. Working toward goals.
God is good.  Big Grin

Thanked by: rufaswan, DioShiba
[Image: GE9Fgzg.gif]
Chronomage from Castlevania Aria of Sorrow. He was made an actual character in 2ST named Croix. He's doing the Brauner's Silent Rage thing.

[Image: 2b5JMHI.gif]
I just loved working on this one. His squash and stretch really made this animation come to life.

[Image: HgU7irv.gif]
Para para beetle beetle~

[Image: WUAWVFX.gif]
The Braxton Phantom doing a spell cast.

[Image: TB7jIAa.gif]
Spiny's idle.

[Image: 6GnXT4f.gif]
Another animation I love. It looks like it was really KNOCKED THE EFF OUT. I remember trying to emulate Metal Slug with this one.
It's the console that Czar Gerald used in his boss fight.

[Image: IbZX7IQ.gif][Image: UkW6ORS.gif]
These were some of my best for small sprites. Tails was a joy to work on. His sweat droplets and impact effects are nearly invisible on this white forum, though. You might need to change themes first.

[Image: W1MPZj6.gif]
The famous SHOOING BEHEMOTH.

[Image: W5Efwdn.gif]
Smilin' Sphere. I gave it a bounce to its lips to give it some motion.

[Image: zk18e2O.gif]
This one is just a map icon for the Mushroom Kingdom map that's on TSR.

[Image: Jl1AOSz.gif]
I had to redo this animation's fountain motion once.

[Image: CgyCR4l.gif]
Peterchy from Mega Man 3.
God is good.  Big Grin

Here are some old GND No.009 stuff to show off! Some of this stuff still holds up.

[Image: 2E24rjL.png]
A pixel art of the Mushroom World showcasing locations from all across the series.

[Image: r9P6Rqw.gif]
Ragnarok summon.

[Image: lf4AFRr.gif]
Ground Dasher.

[Image: NFFkbbo.gif]
Ground Dasher sheet.

[Image: pHBoIdx.gif]
Katt's Obstruct tech.

[Image: UG9SD35.gif]
Blaze's Fireball.

[Image: cRLgPkY.gif]
Alexandr summon.

[Image: RS6AOq8.gif]
Eruption.

[Image: EQ9sWq2.gif]
Eruption sheet.

[Image: SH3L2Il.gif]
Anti-Air Attack effect. What is a Smithy post without some animation, eh?  Smug

[Image: FuyT5SC.gif][Image: U8hovAK.gif]
Or something 8-bit? Also, this was an attempt at SatAM conversion of frames into sprites.
God is good.  Big Grin

(06-06-2021, 04:39 PM)Barack Obama Wrote: Awfully fluid animations, really love them.

Also looked through your old thread from years ago, very impressive:
https://www.vg-resource.com/thread-25576.html

Likewise. They're quite creative.
wow you are more active here than me Shy anyway your pixelart collections are nice!... but i just don't understand why you don't like them  Sad
This face sums up my life :/
XD Sorry about that, WCat.
I don't hate my pixel art, I was just trying to set pixels aside for a while.
If you look at my writing, you can see I plan on going back to pixels. I don't know when.
God is good.  Big Grin

Thanked by:
(06-13-2021, 11:48 PM)SmithyGCN Wrote: XD Sorry about that, WCat.
I don't hate my pixel art, I was just trying to set pixels aside for a while.
If you look at my writing, you can see I plan on going back to pixels. I don't know when.

nah don't worry with that, my career is fine on other websites  Tongue

and excuse me for my misunderstanding, i understand your point.
This face sums up my life :/
Thanked by:
[Image: n0Ip855.png][Image: TgSKgyP.png][Image: IfQd0dP.png]
Beta screenshots from 2 Souls' featuring the beta heroine. The last one was from the ingame engine put together by (if I'm not mistaken) Koopaul.

[Image: fUqkmCK.gif]
White's idle from Final Fantasy Mystic Quest in 2 Souls' Tale. He would have waited for you on a rooftop in Rabanastre and quizzed you like Dr. Topper or Chuck Quizmo. Afterward, he would fly away.

[Image: VPWHEk2.gif]
Amanita appearing and spinning. In 2ST, Amanita would have had a blue recolor that was immune to ice. It would have been treated as the same enemy though like all recolors in the game. Slaying either red or blue would give the same bestiary entry.

[Image: sgawCmy.png]
Marcus McCloud pixel art I did for my ex. I don't like how his hand disappears into his body like that. It was meant to be sort of Odin Sphere like.

[Image: HBIvjIo.gif]
This was a sheet of a Chrono Trigger palette'd Puppet Master from Castlevania complete with Fox and Lucy from Star Fox. Dunno what I had planned for this.

[Image: CTehElw.gif]
This was a proof of concept sprite for the Fighters' Resource in its infancy.

[Image: 9xeTkEt.png]
Some REALLY old sprites from the Ganbare Nintendo Densetsu no.009 project. I think it was around version "no.002". In reality, there weren't nine different versions of the project. I just made that number up to sound like I was working harder than I really was.

[Image: uVv2wE7.gif]
Concept sprite of Dracula from the old GND project. Pity as this was a decent design. His face was rather weird, though.

[Image: pAx3q5x.gif]
The longest and most complicated sprite animation I've ever done.
God is good.  Big Grin

Thanked by: rufaswan
[Image: PyZeVWJ.gif]
Magikoopa from GND. The orbs orbiting him are lifted from Dhaos of Tales of Phantasia.

[Image: 8sawEkz.gif]
The Square Machine from Mega Man... 4, I think.

[Image: wSnk3eL.gif]
Kefka's Tower appearing on a map in 2ST.

[Image: IaZjQRM.png]
Robin Hood pixel arts I did. I attempted to do these in Final Fantasy VI's monster style.

[Image: eN7FI7q.png]
A Ganondorf PA which was a trace of a Melee screenshot.

[Image: 6fmlPyl.png]
The very odd looking "Lavos Tyrant" from GND. There was a concept where there was a Lavos Spawn in each world and they would take the form of the world's theme.

[Image: VYEPHHl.gif]
A Jonathan sprite done in a style that was thought up by Desgardes.

[Image: zCZTTew.gif][Image: hzdbBoP.gif][Image: vkSVrtn.gif][Image: Fnx1qfM.gif][Image: 4iJ1va6.gif][Image: 8u30yTW.gif][Image: FyvnX4n.gif][Image: j1MKp2i.gif][Image: uzzUlyd.gif][Image: ZYBN45u.gif]
All Jiang Shi animations from 2 Souls'. The creature's attack patterns were based on incarnations from Order of Ecclesia and Phantom Fighter.
God is good.  Big Grin

Thanked by: Ton, rufaswan