Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
I need help ripping assets from Rockman X Dive
I managed to rip the big file set (the one that is over 900MB of files, that the game downloads after you finish the tutorial) from the game's filesystm, using BlueStacks, the Android emulator plus some other software based on ADB (a tool that normally comes with the Android SDK). But the files appear to be encrypted and/or compressed, and the files don't have normal filenames. They have no extension, and their name is a 32 digit random hexadecimal number. And it doesn't appear to be the MD5 hash of the file's contents either, so I'm assuming it's a random UUID type number. In the files themselves, I don't see any file headers I would recognize, like the PNG header (which is ‰PNG). I'm mostly interested in any 2D image files, and any audio files (particularly the music). I'm not really interested in the 3D models, as I don't have any projects in mind for using them. If the files are encrypted, I need to know what type of encryption is used, and what the decryption key is. If they are compressed, I need to know the compression algorithm. And I would of course need some names of software to be used for any such decryption and/or decompression (or enough info about the files for me to develop my own such software). Has anybody managed to reverse engineer the files yet? Maybe even decompiling the game and learning the game's own decoding method for these files? Any help decoding these files would be great.

And if it helps anybody to reverse engineer the files (so you can help me learn how to decode them), I've attached here a zip file that contains the first 5 file from that file dump.

Attached Files
.zip   Rockman X Dive sample files.zip (Size: 637.76 KB / Downloads: 118)
Thanked by: