Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
"I Can't Sprite" Hit it out of the park!
Wink 
Hia there kids! I'm going on a personal journey! Woooo! I'm a ripper by trade, and I think that I'm quite goof. But what I want to know is if I can become a decent spriter. So I'm gonna find out.

[Image: c11823870811-iaza.gif]
So it's Mr Bright from KDL2. All I did was add more colours and animate, but I thought it looked okay. I'm gonna try something bigger and decent next time.
Thanked by:
Personally, I think that being a ripper should help (note to self) being a spriter: seeing so many different styles of graphics, animation, etc is a plus, but the biggest help is real-life drawing + shading skills.
Mr Bright's got some stray pixels in the flame, bottom-left, some moving pixels in his right fist and the colour changes in his left fist.
I have the impressioon the flame animation stops, too. The highlight on the top of his head should stay, but be deformed (and trimmed) by his facial expression.
Well, I'll be on the lookout for more of your sprites!
[Image: x1aIZ2e.gif]
YOU HAVE TO FEEL WHAT YOU DRAW, FEEL
[Image: shrine.gif]

Thanked by:
Many people started spriting before they drew.
I'm pretty sure Shawn was an example of that.
[Image: cIUPd.png]
Give me my own member group!
--
megazario Wrote:quite amazing good job make up more keep up the good work
plz dont give me a bad point plz for sounding a bit gay here
Mmmh... when I think about it, yeah you're right. :s
In my case, I've always drawn, but that's not everybody's case :l
I've modified my post, from "need" to "biggest help". Wink
[Image: x1aIZ2e.gif]
YOU HAVE TO FEEL WHAT YOU DRAW, FEEL
[Image: shrine.gif]

Thanked by:
They can be both if they want to. I started custom spriting before ripping so it's really up to the person.
avatar and signature custom made by me Smile

My TSR sprite topic
[Image: ZoidsProject.png] last updated on: December-22-09 fixed weapons sheets 1 and 2 and the republic and imperial sheets
[Image: l_b489bf24c48c43a689123b07de56b838.gif]<-----my first sprite I made

[Image: zoid_but_1.png]--- come and visit my zoids sprite site.

I don't care what jerks say/think.Tongue
Thanked by:
In theory they can be, but most spriters are well apart from the recolours and little edits can have creativity such as being able to draw as persective and light sourcing are similar in both sprites and art. A ripper can be creative or a logical/information type of person, it can depend on the person, like Smithy or Silverbolt, they rip but also do custom sprites too. Usually it starts of with recolours then to edits and finally customs.

Take me for example, I maybe a ripper but when it comes to spriting I am quite rubbish (remember chipmunk Mario?) so I stick to what I know. As for the recolour, it is a good start.
Thanked by:
This is a heavy WIP Claire Bannett, because I love Heroes;

[Image: wipcbsw9.png]
Thanked by:
I start spriting before ripping. Now I guess I became too lazy to sprite XD

Once a friend did a tutorial, I'm going to try to find it. But a good idea to start making a sprite is doing a stick figure to pose and "fill" it the way you want (almost like real drawing)
[Image: MegaEXESig.png]
Thanked by:
anyone else like it?
Thanked by:
I added a bit more to it. I'm also gonna do other costumes, like explosion future Claire, exposed future Claire, and the kiddy.
[Image: wipcbgf3.png]

And incase you don't know who Claire is, [Image: hayden-panettiere_claire-bennet_the-cheerleader1.jpg]
Thanked by:
Using pictures or anime screencaps also helps to "understand" better a pose in particular before starting to sprite it.
The work in progress sprite looks nice so far, too.
Thanked by:
Yeah, I may have the rest of body up tomorrow.
Thanked by: