Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Olimar [Not Bab]
[Image: olimarby2.png]

Ok, so the deal is I started this a few days ago and never got around to posting the wip. The title says [Not Bab] because Badassbill also made an Olimar pixelart and posted a topic about recently. I Didn't want people to open this and expect Bab's work, so I made a note about it in the title.

Anyway, this is an obvious WIP. C+C would be appreciated.
Thanked by:
looks fine except for the hands look odd.it kind of looks like he has robot hands... and his right should (to us left shoulder to him) seems off. also his bulb light this is flatish on the top
Thanked by:
His arms don't look attached to the torso, just... above and behind. I would move the left foot more to the left. Other than that, it's fine!
[Image: x1aIZ2e.gif]
YOU HAVE TO FEEL WHAT YOU DRAW, FEEL
[Image: shrine.gif]

Thanked by:
[Image: ccccccc.png]

My main pieces of advice would be that you should apply shadow first to get depth right, then highlight according to the light source. I'd also say that a line art is a guide line not a restriction.
My only problem with it is the hands, and the right (his left) arm doesn't connect.
Thanked by:
Ok, so with Bab's shading advice I tried smoothening out his torso. I attached the arm to the body and moved the foot a few pixels over. Then, I didn't know what to do witht he hands to make them look more realistic, since I was going for his Brawl look where his arms are like sausages with fingers stuck on the end. So I just added mroe fingers to make them look like hands.

[Image: olimaryw9.png]
Thanked by:
I think the left arm should be tilted forwards to us and to the right. It might help if the arms were attached near the middle of his torso (in terms of thickness, level to the middle of the metal thing underneath his helmet).
[Image: x1aIZ2e.gif]
YOU HAVE TO FEEL WHAT YOU DRAW, FEEL
[Image: shrine.gif]

Thanked by:
I think you went overboard with the shading. It looks like the white is a highlight, when the actual outfit is closer to white in colour.
Thanked by:
aren't the buttons orange?
Mew2King Wrote:they should make a cereal called jiggly puffs
Thanked by:
Okay, another update. I don't know what to do to the hands, but I changed the bottons color to that of the nose, and removed some colors (when I first finsihed shading I had 30 colors, but I've been able to decrease it to 21. I've finished the shading, but there's definately going to be some problems that other people will spot but I don't see. So, here it is, and I'm still welcoming any crits.

[Image: olimarmd8.png]
Thanked by:
The nose is too red.
Mew2King Wrote:they should make a cereal called jiggly puffs
Thanked by:
Olimar's suit collar is really bothering me. It's like someone invisible is snapping Olimar's neck.
Ngamer01's Portal - Updates whenever.
Thanked by: