Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
[Paid] - Indie MMORPG+; seeking ambitious artist(s)
Star 
Howdy VG Resource!

I couldn't think of a better place to put up an ad for talent than here, and I can't wait to hear from those of you who are interested in this project. The people here are helpful and many of them are skilled artists! I'll make my request as brief as possible to avoid any sort of confusion related to this/these particular gig(s), while providing sufficient information.

As the title implies, I need at least one, if not multiple artists to contribute. My skills as an artist are abysmal and I'm certainly no good with anything other than amateurish MSPaint scribbles or painstaking pixel-by-pixel recolors/edits. The actual art scale and submission will be extremely fluid in terms of what you will draw, but will ideally have the look and feel of a ~32-bit 2.5D sprite. I will be using UE5 when there is open access, and thus, through Nanite, these 'sprites' will possess legitimate depth and a true 3D model, while maintaining the nostalgic and playful, colorful feel that many still enjoy. It will eventually scale similarly to Spore depending on the perspective of the player, i.e. on a planetary/molecular level and between those.

Additionally, anybody who has a strong affinity for a particular title, Ragnarok Online, you are strongly encouraged to inquire! I'd like character and monster/animal modeling somewhat similar to Gravity's stellar, Korean MMORPG look. They also produced a few others, Tree of Savior, to name one.

Without sounding too vague, I need, at minimum, a baseline of presentable content to test physics and set a tone/theme/standard for the graphics in the rest of the game, even if they are not the absolute, final aesthetics that make it to Beta. Ultimately, it will be the artist's choices what sorts of things they would like to use for this template, so to speak, but feel free to collaborate or spitball ideas with me in regards to that. There's an entire world of things to choose from to bring to life with your artistic ability.

Finally, I don't want anybody to feel like they are entangled in some sort of endless endeavor and/or signing up for a situation where they've bitten off more than they can chew. This is by no means an easy gig, but compensation will reflect, along with the opportunity to join the team when the project is far enough along to warrant one. That being said, I am also open to contracts if you are somebody who prefers things on paper, even if it's just commission! Anonymous submissions are welcomed as well, given that UGC will have a special place in this digital landscape.

If you would like more details about the game, I'm always happy to present anything to you personally. There are no public places hosting any of my content as of yet, and I am the sole proprietor/developer/creator of this project. The best way to contact me is via email, telephone (text and phone calls) or Discord. If this seems like a project you'd like to work on, and I don't annoy you already, reach out! Even if I don't reply right away, I will always make an effort to do so.

Thank you for reading and the consideration, and wish you all luck in your efforts, whether they are related to this particular request or not. If you'd like my phone number, just PM/DM me and you're welcome to it. The link to my Discord channel is below, with my handle if you'd prefer DMs. Cheers!

WHALESDUDE#7941
[email protected]
<Click me for Discord channel>
Thanked by: