Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
help with animal crossing: wild word. (the model's textures are acting odd)
hello, I would like some help with the process of applying textures to a model (well, I'm quite good with blender but, its acting odd)

so I've exported Octavian from animal crossing: wild world, and when I imported it, it looked like this.

[Image: UuGrfpy.png]

it seems that the texture is inverted.

[Image: nQGO3E6.png]but when I go into the texture paint tab, it looks correct.

If anyone knows what is up with this, or know hows to properly export models, please do tell me. (I used mk course editor for the process.)
Thanked by:
Some of that almost looks like broken normals. IDK what version of Blender you're using, but I'd try going into edit mode, select all faces, recalculate normals and set from faces and see if that at least partially fixes it. If it does, I'd check over your model in edit mode with normal viewing on and manually flip any that are facing the wrong way, then select all and set from face again. It doesn't look like a UV problem to me because it looks fine in texture paint.

But mind you, I'm also no expert, so past it being an issue with normals, I genuinely have no idea. Hope it works out.
Thanked by: Scrimby
(05-02-2021, 03:01 AM)Nooga Wrote: Some of that almost looks like broken normals. IDK what version of Blender you're using, but I'd try going into edit mode, select all faces, recalculate normals and set from faces and see if that at least partially fixes it. If it does, I'd check over your model in edit mode with normal viewing on and manually flip any that are facing the wrong way, then select all and set from face again. It doesn't look like a UV problem to me because it looks fine in texture paint.

But mind you, I'm also no expert, so past it being an issue with normals, I genuinely have no idea. Hope it works out.

I've recalculated the normals and even reversed the faces, it didn't seem to work. its fine though, I always appreciate help and advice!
Thanked by:
Try changing Alpha Blend to Alpha Hashed/Clip in the material tab and it should work.
Sorry for grammar, i'm french and dysphasia.
Thanked by: Scrimby
(05-02-2021, 07:35 AM)GianaSistersFan64 Wrote: Try changing Alpha Blend to Alpha Hashed/Clip in the material tab and it should work.

[Image: XAATHY0.png]oh my goodness thank you!, it worked. (do you think I should upload it?)
Thanked by:
(05-02-2021, 12:00 PM)Scrimby Wrote:
(05-02-2021, 07:35 AM)GianaSistersFan64 Wrote: Try changing Alpha Blend to Alpha Hashed/Clip in the material tab and it should work.

[Image: XAATHY0.png]oh my goodness thank you!, it worked. (do you think I should upload it?)

This only happens on Blender 2.9 when you import a model that uses transparency. I came across this problem when i tried to import Kumatora's model. You can upload it if you want.
Thanked by: