Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Ripping from Godot Engine games
Sad 
Edit: Nevermind, gdsdecomp can extract from embedded pcks.

I don't really expect to get much help here since Godot doesn't seem that big here.

But anyway, does anyone have any experience with ripping sprites from Godot games? I'm trying to do that. The problem is, the game I'm trying to rip from has the pck file embedded into the exe file. Someone told me I could open the exe file with 7zip, so I did, and there was a pck file in there. But the thing is, I'm not sure if 7zip extracted the file correctly. I used gdsdecomp to extract the stex files from the pck file, but I was unable to read the stex files with Godot. I looked at a hex dump of some of the files and they don't seem to fit the stex format that Godot converts png files into. So then I used Dragon Unpacker to get the files from the pck file. That worked, but Dragon Unpacker just called all the files stuff like "pck-0000001" instead of their original names.

Note that all of this is happening because the pck file was embedded in the exe file. gdsdecomp works fine on unembedded pck files.

Anyway, so now I have a folder of stex files with the correct names. And a folder of .png files with the wrong names. So I had to match all the stex files to the png files. There were over 800 files.  Cry Also, the developers are Polish, so I had to look up every other file name to understand it (I guess that part isn't really relevant). It was the world's least fun matching game.

So I'm wondering, is there any better way to do this?