Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Cookie Run Kingdom's Encrypted Unity mobile files.
For some reason, Devsisters encrypted the game files for CRK, I want to rip Strawberry Crepe Cookie's portrait sprite sheet but I need to find a way to decrypt these files.

Screenshot of a comparison between the old version and the latest version:
[Image: Screenshot-17.png]
 (It's not the .unity3d file, I'm talking about the unnamed asset storing files in the folder "android") Can someone please help me decrypt these files? I would really appreciate this.
"Hey, hey, hey! Light the lamp, NOT THE RAT, LIGHT THE LAMP, NOTDARAT!!!!" - Rizzo: The Muppet Christmas Carol

Currently tinkering a few game engines around.
Thanked by: TrashReploid
Bump.

Somebody? Please?
"Hey, hey, hey! Light the lamp, NOT THE RAT, LIGHT THE LAMP, NOTDARAT!!!!" - Rizzo: The Muppet Christmas Carol

Thanked by:
how do i bump a thread? i really want ppl to see this
Thanked by:
(08-17-2021, 08:48 AM)TrashReploid Wrote: how do i bump a thread? i really want ppl to see this

Simply type in "Bump", that's it.

Just don't do it a lot of times, maybe a bump per month should be okay.

Thanked by:
Bump.

i hope that worked
Thanked by:
bump
I´d really like to see this solved! Good luck
Thanked by:
has anyone tried kuriimu2 yet? im messing around w/ it rn but... im not super knowledgeable in how it works. rot decryption is the only one that wont immediately throw an error, but its uh...
[Image: unknown.png]
like this?

update: grgrhhhhhggg rot decryption on kuriimu2 seems like it would work in theory, but i ran out of disk space before it could finish the operation. ran it on a 50kb file and the the .out file was ~150gb, which is... quite a bit. i cant allocate enough space on my ssd + my external hard drive throws a fit if you look at it, so i cant try any further rn. i had some files on my laptop that i had partially decoded + viewed, and it didn't seem wholly unsucessful? there were some fragments of legible text in it, ill have to hunt them down again
... and, for yourself, the sincere regards of your devoted,
Arsène Lupin
(they/them)
Thanked by:
Did anyone ever manage to figure this out?
I'm currently trying to rip stuff from CRK too with no luck
Thanked by:
ive done some more digging around on this and i... am dubious that it can be decrypted. based off the contents of the apk im lead to believe that crk uses a third party source called appsealing to encrypt their data--which uses aes-265 encryption. youre not going to be able to brute force it, and aes is designed in a way to stop people from guessing keys. you could try and track the apps traffic or dump its memory + see if you can glean anything from the code but appsealing says they do... something to prevent that. its a bit over my head to test it myself. for some reason, devsis really didnt want anyone getting into these files. maybe that makes sense with the recent nft announcements

its possible earlier versions of the apk dont have this same level of encryption, but i cant be sure, i havent been able to obtain a working .apk/.obb
... and, for yourself, the sincere regards of your devoted,
Arsène Lupin
(they/them)
Thanked by:
It'll only be a matter of time til experienced hackers can dig into it, then get a C&D from the company that made it.

Hold it together
The end is never near
Stay true to your heart
Never give your life up
And keep on rolling

- ZEROLIGHT

Thanked by:
Is there any way to rip sprites from this game? If someone has the files, I can rip them from TiledGGD if I can.
[Image: Kaneko-Wikia.png]
Thanked by:
If one were to have the password used to encrypt the files, what would be the process you have to go through to decrypt them?
Thanked by:
(01-17-2022, 10:35 AM)abacaba Wrote: If one were to have the password used to encrypt the files, what would be the process you have to go through to decrypt them?

I don't know, honestly.

Thanked by:
I believe the encryption used to encrypt the files is the same used to encrypt Genshin Impact's .blk files. Genshin Impact's encryption was cracked and it seems to have used both AES-128 and some kind of XOR. The encryption methods might be the same, since Appsealing supposedly uses AES-128 / AES-256 and the .resource files seem to have been XORed. Maybe the Genshin Impact file decryptors will work if tweaked to not need the BLK file signature and for the key to be changed to the same one that is used to decrypt the strings.xml file (won't post that here, because reasons)
Thanked by:
(01-27-2022, 06:10 PM)abacaba Wrote: I believe the encryption used to encrypt the files is the same used to encrypt Genshin Impact's .blk files. Genshin Impact's encryption was cracked and it seems to have used both AES-128 and some kind of XOR. The encryption methods might be the same, since Appsealing supposedly uses AES-128 / AES-256 and the .resource files seem to have been XORed. Maybe the Genshin Impact file decryptors will work if tweaked to not need the BLK file signature and for the key to be changed to the same one that is used to decrypt the strings.xml file (won't post that here, because reasons)

There's one problem. The Genshin Impact decryptors are Chinese, and I think they won't give us info on how to decrypt CRK's files.

Thanked by: