Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Suggestions for automatic grid placement programs?
A lot of Spriters Resource uses grids for some slick and nice presentations. I've tried doing this myself to some success, but always in a manual fashion, which can look ok or sloppy and with a bunch of holes / empty space. I currently use GIMP for my grids with the reliable rectangle tool.

Recently, I've been ripping from some games that have a lot of gifs / animations. It would be nauseating to put them into a grid by hand when I know some form of automation is possible and has probably already been achieved somehow. However, everywhere I've looked, all the automatic 'collage' programs re-scale the images past their native resolution to make them blurry or crop them or do whatever else.

I've tried Photoshop's Contact Sheet II as well, but mine shows up with an error which I cannot fix and cannot be troubleshooted. I've also tried other Photoshop scripts, but they also come up with errors. I don't think Photoshop is much of an option for me script-wise, but the batch processing tool works fine (I've mass-scaled images using it before).

Does anyone have any suggestions for automatic programs that place images, in their native resolution, into a grid? Also, yes, I know it's easier just to toss everything into a zip folder, but I'd like to know if anyone has any suggestions anyways. Thanks!
Thanked by:
Is Daxar's Sprite Sheeter what you're looking for?
Thanked by: ChingKittyCat
(04-09-2021, 09:58 PM)boilingpot Wrote: Is Daxar's Sprite Sheeter what you're looking for?

That looks like it'd be perfect! Thanks, I didn't know about this (even though it's literally pinned on the top of the forum, oops).
Thanked by:
Don't click on the link from ainesbaptist, it's a spambot (I already reported it).

A good alternative to Daxar's Sprite Sheeter is SheetMaker:
https://www.vg-resource.com/thread-31724.html
Ripping Tutorial for PC Engine / TurboGrafx 16 / TurboGrafx CD
https://www.vg-resource.com/thread-41637.html
Thanked by: