Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Ok, I'm starting to almost give up.
Neutral 
So far I have 16 characters ripped in two days so far. Yes I used a Hexadecimal Editor (HxD) to rip the content).

Now what I've noticed was textures don't convert when converting to .DAE format. There is a textures folder but nothing goes inside. I've been requested from a guy that I'm able to use 3D Ripper DX to rip the textures. 

Unfortunately that was complicated so I took into look for other various ways, I tried asking josh98 for info on how to rip textures but no reply (He was offline when I asked him so that's on me lol)

Anyway, I've set up this project as its too tedious, complicated and boring for me ripping a trillion tiny textures at a time. If you want to know what crap I've been finding in the editor.

Open this .GNO file, in Notepad or something. I started from NGIF to NEND, if you see any texture lines in the .GNO model can you tell me what they are and how I can rip them? I started this after I ripped models from the game.

GNO File (Cream the Rabbit)

Also if you want a direct look at the models here they are.

FBX Models from SRZG

I need some information about this. Please, thanks.

I'm starting to almost give up and let this loose. I can't continue working on this for the next 3 hours. Tongue Anyway this is urgent I need help. At least a reply would be nice. If you're not gonna reply. Lol ok. 
[Image: qxzyTkh][Image: AdorableUncomfortableGangesdolphin-size_restricted.gif]
Thanked by:
As I understand it, you are cutting the gno file manually with the help of HxD.
If you are doing this manually, be aware that there are quickbms scripts that extract these files.
This .gno file you posted has no texture data other than its names, if you really extracted this file from another larger file, the texture must be there. Post an example of this larger file.
Thanked by:
It's been a long time since I've done anything model related, so this may or may not be good info, but the GNO files don't contain textures even though they have all that ".gvr" jazz in the hex editor. I would open a Secret Rings GVR file and see what the header and footer is for that, if it has any, then do a search for them in image1.cvm. I think that's how I ripped the ones for Amy. The file formats were the same so I looked for consistencies in image1.cvm and the Secret Rings model/texture formats in a hex editor.

That file is huge though, so I never committed to it. I wanted Zero Gravity models, but I absolutely did not want them bad enough to deal with my method. 3D Ripper programs are okay, but they don't use the original names for the textures so I wasn't confident I would know that I got every texture for a character. It's almost as tedious going through 3D Ripper dumps as it is going through the .cvm.
Thanked by: JetTheFox96
Oi, ok thanks

(03-31-2021, 01:11 AM)josh98 Wrote: It's been a long time since I've done anything model related, so this may or may not be good info, but the GNO files don't contain textures even though they have all that ".gvr" jazz in the hex editor. I would open a Secret Rings GVR file and see what the header and footer is for that, if it has any, then do a search for them in image1.cvm. I think that's how I ripped the ones for Amy. The file formats were the same so I looked for consistencies in image1.cvm and the Secret Rings model/texture formats in a hex editor.

That file is huge though, so I never committed to it. I wanted Zero Gravity models, but I absolutely did not want them bad enough to deal with my method. 3D Ripper programs are okay, but they don't use the original names for the textures so I wasn't confident I would know that I got every texture for a character. It's almost as tedious going through 3D Ripper dumps as it is going through the .cvm.

But @josh98 what did you use the extract this .GVR file? I use PuyoTools.

I cant tell if I got it right but heres a GVR I ripped jsut recently 

GVR File
[Image: qxzyTkh][Image: AdorableUncomfortableGangesdolphin-size_restricted.gif]
Thanked by: