Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Ripping models from Path of Radiance
I've been trying to rip the low poly map models and high quality battle models for Ike from Path of Radiance but apparently those models are the .cmp files, which use LZSS compression. I can't figure out how to use either LZSS decompressor I've found (gbalzss simply doesn't work and I don't even know how to use nlzss).

Also, according to this post (https://feuniverse.us/t/fe9-file-structure-notes/5020), the high quality models should be in the "zu" folder, but there are no .cmp files in there.

I am a Mac user emulating Windows with VirtualBox and sometimes Wineskin and I cannot get Dolphin to run Path of Radiance at all so I can't use any of the model rippers that use Dolphin. But I can run most other Windows applications fine.
Thanked by: Tornevas
Use this noesis plugin to get the models extracted from the CMP files.
https://github.com/Zheneq/Noesis-Plugins
Thanked by:
Thank you, I was able to get the HQ Ike Models. But the plugin you linked only applies to .pak files not .cmp files, and since the LQ models are apparently in the .cmp files I don't believe that Noesis can open it, unless I'm missing something.

Edit: Nevermind, forgot you have to extract the pak file (https://forum.xentax.com/viewtopic.php?f=16&t=22981)
Thanked by:
(01-24-2021, 05:33 PM)Removed Wrote: Thank you, I was able to get the HQ Ike Models. But the plugin you linked only applies to .pak files not .cmp files, and since the LQ models are apparently in the .cmp files I don't believe that Noesis can open it, unless I'm missing something.

Edit: Nevermind, forgot you have to extract the pak file (https://forum.xentax.com/viewtopic.php?f=16&t=22981)

Which map models are you extracting, do you plan to do them all?
Thanked by:
(01-24-2021, 06:53 PM)Tornevas Wrote:
(01-24-2021, 05:33 PM)Removed Wrote: Thank you, I was able to get the HQ Ike Models. But the plugin you linked only applies to .pak files not .cmp files, and since the LQ models are apparently in the .cmp files I don't believe that Noesis can open it, unless I'm missing something.

I've extracted the HQ Ike Ranger and Hero battle models, and the low poly Ike Ranger and Hero map models. I already ripped and uploaded them and they're now pending. I don't really plan to do them all.

Thanked by:
(01-24-2021, 08:51 PM)LuigiTKO Wrote:
(01-24-2021, 06:53 PM)Tornevas Wrote:

I've extracted the HQ Ike Ranger and Hero battle models, and the low poly Ike Ranger and Hero map models. I already ripped and uploaded them and they're now pending. I don't really plan to do them all.

Do you think you could get some other map models like Greil and Black Knight?
Thanked by:
(01-25-2021, 03:39 AM)Tornevas Wrote:
(01-24-2021, 08:51 PM)LuigiTKO Wrote:
(01-24-2021, 06:53 PM)Tornevas Wrote: Which map models are you extracting, do you plan to do them all?

Anything else? If I'm gonna do more I'd rather get them all done at once.

(01-25-2021, 01:49 PM)LuigiTKO Wrote:
(01-25-2021, 03:39 AM)Tornevas Wrote:
(01-24-2021, 08:51 PM)LuigiTKO Wrote: I've extracted the HQ Ike Ranger and Hero battle models, and the low poly Ike Ranger and Hero map models. I already ripped and uploaded them and they're now pending. I don't really plan to do them all.

Anything else? If I'm gonna do more I'd rather get them all done at once.

Sure I'll put some. 

Fighter/Warrior/Boyd , Ilyana/F Mage/F Sage, Rolf Archer/Sniper Shinon, Marcia/Pegasus Knight/FalcoKnight, Lethe/Cat Laguz, Brigand/Berserker Largo, Tibarn/Hawk Laguz, Ashnard/King Daein, Knight/General/Gatrie, Soren/Mage/Sage and Elincia/Princess Crimea.

Also any of the weapon models or at least the legendaries?
Thanked by:
I can do weapon models. I don't know what the legendaries are though.
(01-27-2021, 08:11 AM)LuigiTKO Wrote: I can do weapon models. I don't know what the legendaries are though.

I mean Urvan, Ragnell, Alondite, Wishblade, Gurgurant, Vague Katti, and Double Bow by legendaries.
Thanked by:
Uh hi the Micaiah models from Path of Radiance went she first the game  do you have her I been looking  everywhere for her.
Thanked by:
(01-28-2021, 12:00 AM)kasumi777 Wrote: Uh hi the Micaiah models from Path of Radiance went she first the game  do you have her I been looking  everywhere for her.

Micaiah isn't onscreen in Path of Radiance, she's only mentioned. Sothe is in the game if you want him?
Thanked by:
Ripped some more of the map models and weapon models.
Also ripped Micaiah's Light Mage map and battle models in Radiant Dawn. They're all pending now.
Would you be alright retrieving the Spear and Killer Lance models too?
Thanked by:
(01-30-2021, 06:57 PM)Tornevas Wrote: Would you be alright retrieving the Spear and Killer Lance models too?

I'm fine with that, I'll add the Killing Edge as well.