Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
My book, film, game, and comic thread!
Heart 
For those who know me: I am Smithy, a guy who used to be an avid ripper and pixel artist. Smile  I have made several projects in the past that sadly were cancelled, but I see now that I needed to work on something original. I have been formulating these plans for a few good years and I am finally getting somewhere with them!
I don't know what God has planned for me (and I don't mean to offend by mentioning God), but it entails the things I have been building toward for that long.
This thread is to share my art, some writing excerpts from my book series I'm writing, and thoughts/plans for the future.
My series is called: "When God Blessed the 80s". I decided to create it when I noticed... Christians... really have no imagination (or rather, they think it's actually a bad thing) or any sense of what makes a good product while still giving a good message that doesn't hit the reader/viewer/player like a Mac truck. THey also demonize particular media and don't even make much effort if at all to break into it. Like animation and video games. When they do, they tend to be disastrous... usually. Unimpressed 
One of their biggest flaws is that they lack self-awareness and the idea that most people aren't trying to stamp us out.

With that said, I don't mean to make a sermon. And definitely not with my series. My story is open to anyone who just wants a good time and maybe get a good message.

My tale is about a world that is very similar to ours in terms of history up until 1853 where the nim first appeared. The nim are humanoid animals that came seemingly from nowhere and have a sense of a divine mission of sorts that is unknown to even them. History went on as usual, but, because of their existence, things happened a bit differently. Like the Azusa Street Revival of 1906 and the World Wars for example.
The story takes place in 1985 where washed up animator and actor Jason Addams (a small rabbit from Israel) is trying to make ends meet. There's a lot that goes on in the story, but I don't want to give away too much of it. Just that it lampoons a lot of the modern church and has a thrilling adventure with high stakes.

Now, it isn't just going to be a series of books. I plan on films, games, etc.
Here's the good news: when the games are made, I will legally enable people to rip sprites and stuff from them for educational purposes. The way I see it, it would be better for me to allow anyone to rip as much as possible as they could learn how to make sprites and tilesets from them. That would mean more employing opportunities for me for people to help work on further games. It's a win-win. That and free advertisement. I would never want to treat the customers like the enemy as so many game companies have in the past. I want to treat spriters and rippers with respect.
Thanked by: Alefy San, WaterCat
(01-22-2021, 05:22 PM)SmithyGCN Wrote: For those who know me: I am Smithy, a guy who used to be an avid ripper and pixel artist. Smile  I have made several projects in the past that sadly were cancelled, but I see now that I needed to work on something original. I have been formulating these plans for a few good years and I am finally getting somewhere with them!
I don't know what God has planned for me (and I don't mean to offend by mentioning God), but it entails the things I have been building toward for that long.
This thread is to share my art, some writing excerpts from my book series I'm writing, and thoughts/plans for the future.
My series is called: "When God Blessed the 80s". I decided to create it when I noticed... Christians... really have no imagination (or rather, they think it's actually a bad thing) or any sense of what makes a good product while still giving a good message that doesn't hit the reader/viewer/player like a Mac truck. THey also demonize particular media and don't even make much effort if at all to break into it. Like animation and video games. When they do, they tend to be disastrous... usually. Unimpressed 
One of their biggest flaws is that they lack self-awareness and the idea that most people aren't trying to stamp us out.

With that said, I don't mean to make a sermon. And definitely not with my series. My story is open to anyone who just wants a good time and maybe get a good message.

My tale is about a world that is very similar to ours in terms of history up until 1853 where the nim first appeared. The nim are humanoid animals that came seemingly from nowhere and have a sense of a divine mission of sorts that is unknown to even them. History went on as usual, but, because of their existence, things happened a bit differently. Like the Azusa Street Revival of 1906 and the World Wars for example.
The story takes place in 1985 where washed up animator and actor Jason Addams (a small rabbit from Israel) is trying to make ends meet. There's a lot that goes on in the story, but I don't want to give away too much of it. Just that it lampoons a lot of the modern church and has a thrilling adventure with high stakes.

Now, it isn't just going to be a series of books. I plan on films, games, etc.
Here's the good news: when the games are made, I will legally enable people to rip sprites and stuff from them for educational purposes. The way I see it, it would be better for me to allow anyone to rip as much as possible as they could learn how to make sprites and tilesets from them. That would mean more employing opportunities for me for people to help work on further games. It's a win-win. That and free advertisement. I would never want to treat the customers like the enemy as so many game companies have in the past. I want to treat spriters and rippers with respect.

That's very nice bro  Wink
This face sums up my life :/
Thanked by: