Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Marin (Hyrule Warriors Legends (3DS))
Hi,

I'm debating getting back into the modding scene, and I want to start with a super-secret project (for now, shhh! Wink )

My problem is that I HATE ripping from the 3DS. And I no longer have the game cart.

I'd really appreciate if someone got me Marin's model from Hyrule Warriors: Legends. I need a low-poly model of her and it's the best one I can find Smile

Thanks in advance!
I'm an opera-crossover singer undergoing classical voice training and I'm also making Super Smash Bros. Feud.

Discord: kold_virus
Thanked by:
I've heard Hyrule Warriors Legends is hard to rip from.
Thanked by:
Well that sucks... Looks like I'll have to postpone.
I'm an opera-crossover singer undergoing classical voice training and I'm also making Super Smash Bros. Feud.

Thanked by:
(12-03-2020, 08:10 PM)Kold-Virus Wrote: Well that sucks... Looks like I'll have to postpone.

Its possible to do, a few models from the similar 3DS FE:W were posted here, but there aren't alot of tools for it and it seems like there isn't alot of interest unfortunately.

I haven't seen alot of interest in 3DS ripping myself lately.

Maybe a commissioning a custom model would work better for Marin?
Thanked by:
I can make one.

Thanks, dude. Smile

Thanked by:
Just saw that thread and realized that there was indeed no good tools to deal with that game. I asked my friend to add support for that game, she updated Cethleann to extract it correctly :
https://forum.xentax.com/viewtopic.php?f...25#p169433

Cethleann.DataExporter.exe --flayn --flayn-tiny outputFolder FolderWithLinkdataPairs

Then Cethleann.Unbundler.exe -R outputFolder to mass unbundle the different packages.
Models will be in LINKDATA\misc\formats\DATATABLE around 1300 and something (1309 is ganondorf for examples). There are in the classic KT g1m file format and can be opened with my plugin : https://forum.xentax.com/viewtopic.php?f...&start=315
Anims (g1a files) should work too, I gave a quick look at the formats and they seem to be the exact same as the ones in the other KT games. However since the folders are unnamed I didn't have the time to check which anims belong to what model.

Textures (g1t) use a 3DS format that I didn't implement yet (from what I see it's some ETC1A4 morton swizzle), can't really give an ETA for support considering I'm quite busy right now but there are probably other tools out there to deal with them.
Thanked by: Kold-Virus
It's fine, man! I love Cethleann, works great btw!

But the problem comes from ripping 3DS games: The process still eludes me, and I no longer own a copy. So it'll have to wait.

Thanked by:
Quick question: Can Cethleann open 3DS Roms? I might try it out myself if it does.
If you can't handle the heat.
You can't handle the Neutron Style.
Thanked by:
Yea, I'm a bit up shit's creek for this. No game = no rom = no Marin.

Thanked by:
So that's a yes then? XP
Thanked by:
It can open files from it from KT games. Not sure it can open the rom itself.

Thanked by:
(12-08-2020, 06:44 PM)Joschka Wrote: Just saw that thread and realized that there was indeed no good tools to deal with that game. I asked my friend to add support for that game, she updated Cethleann to extract it correctly :
https://forum.xentax.com/viewtopic.php?f...25#p169433

Cethleann.DataExporter.exe --flayn --flayn-tiny outputFolder FolderWithLinkdataPairs

Then Cethleann.Unbundler.exe -R outputFolder to mass unbundle the different packages.
Models will be in LINKDATA\misc\formats\DATATABLE around 1300 and something (1309 is ganondorf for examples). There are in the classic KT g1m file format and can be opened with my plugin : https://forum.xentax.com/viewtopic.php?f...&start=315
Anims (g1a files) should work too, I gave a quick look at the formats and they seem to be the exact same as the ones in the other KT games. However since the folders are unnamed I didn't have the time to check which anims belong to what model.

Textures (g1t) use a 3DS format that I didn't implement yet (from what I see it's some ETC1A4 morton swizzle), can't really give an ETA for support considering I'm quite busy right now but there are probably other tools out there to deal with them.

Does it rip sound as well? Some HWL characters and enemies don't have their sounds posted online.
Thanked by:
Thanks guys, but I think I'll learn to do without. I'm not about to beg someone for a CIA or some shit, it's not even allowed here anyway Tongue

So yeah, thanks everyone, but sometimes I need to learn to pick my battles.

Thanked by:
(12-12-2020, 09:32 PM)Kold-Virus Wrote: It can open files from it from KT games. Not sure it  can open the rom itself.

Oh, ok. I've been planning to try to rip some Pokémon from Pokémon Y when I get some time to do so. Since the Pokémon X and Y section on The Models Resource isn't complete yet, I thought I'd help with ripping from Pokémon X and Y a little bit. I've been trying to find a way to rip from 3Ds ROMs since I don't have a 3Ds. XP
If you can't handle the heat.
You can't handle the Neutron Style.
Thanked by:
Yeah, same for me with HWL.

Thanked by: