Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Kaneko Palette & GFX Database
Hi there!

This isn't really a project, but more of a possible helpful guide or having the palettes or GFX of various Kaneko games. The palettes are captured via TiledGGD and Tile Molester. (On my new computer) TO view the palettes easier on GGD, use the GFX screen instead of the 128x128 palette screen, use the 16 - 24 - 32 BPP to view it in a much larger area!

Note that I used the old version of GGD, not the newer fork version. And all files / images are in BMP format.

Database

Full Palettes:
Air Buster [Arcade]
Aero Blasters [Mega Drive]
Aero Blasters [PCE]
B.Rap Boys [Arcade]
B.Rap Boys Special [Arcade]
Bakuretsu Breaker [Arcade]
Berlin No Kabe [Arcade]
Berlin No Kabe [Game Gear]
Chester Cheetah [Super Famicom]
Chester Cheetah 2 [Super Famicom]
DJ Boy [Arcade]
DJ Boy [Mega Drive]
Dr. Toppel's Tankentai [Arcade]
Gals Panic II (Overseas) [Arcade]
Gals Panic II (Japan/Quiz) [Arcade]
Heavy Unit [Arcade]
Heavy Unit [PCE]
Jackie Chan: The Kung Fu Master [Arcade]
Kabuki-Z [Arcade]
Kageki [Arcade]
Magical Crystals [Arcade]
Power Athlete [Super Famicom]
Super Star Soldier [PCE]
Wani Wani World [Mega Drive]
Zen-Nihon GT Senshuken [Super Famicom]

Hard To Obtain Palettes / GFX
8-Bit Arcade Games: Can't be viewed and obtained in GGD and TM for now. One of the methods is getting the palettes from MAME.

Some compressed data: Data that's compressed and therefore is unobtainable. Most of this applies to consumer hardware and software.

Sources:
MAME
TiledGGD
Tile Molester
[Image: Kaneko-Wikia.png]
Thanked by:
Update: The first link to the palette image has been uploaded (of course Air Buster). I will upload more palette images and data soon! Big Grin
Thanked by:
Added Sprite and background locations in Toppel's Adventure and Kageki in order. Will have the gfx addresses soon and also used the MAME emulator.
Thanked by:
Finally found how to obtain Genesis palettes! You have to copy the Mega Drive (which is 9bpp) which is usually on the palette header. There's a file called tmspec (Tile Molester) where you can edit the file to show various gfx in a specific way. I'll upload them later, also the SNES palettes too.
Thanked by:
Posted up several Mega Drive, Super Famicom, and PC-Engine palettes. Also I separated the pals from the game section so It would be easier to navigate through the palettes.
Thanked by: