Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Help - Extracting models from .dat files of Mario Sports Superstars
I recently extracted the files of Mario Sports Superstars , though they seem to be heavily compressed as the game's files are contained in DAT files.

Here is a screenshot of the filesystem folder.
[Image: hJKlDvE.png]

I am certain that the dat file in the ca folder contains the models for the game, as the first three bytes show BCH in the file.  
[Image: jfrjtDb.png]

However, when I rename the extension from .dat to .bch and open it in Ohana, nothing shows.  Is it actually supposed to be for something else, or how would I be able to open it?
Thanked by:
Bump: Is there any way to extract these DAT files?  I am trying to extract the models for Boom Boom, Pom Pom, and Lubba, though I am not sure how to extract them.
Thanked by:
Send some sample files.
Thanked by:
(12-20-2020, 01:35 AM)Tuliopilloto Wrote: Send some sample files.

My apologies, this is the fs.dat file from the "ca" folder, as it is the one that was pictured above.  I had to put it in a zip folder since the upload was taking too long.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1s7TRQ7A...sp=sharing

Since it references the .bch file type, would there be a way to extract the model files from here?
Thanked by:
The fs.dat file has several concatenated files, so it is not opened in the program, it may have another file that references it so that you can extract it. What are the other files that are in the same folder as fs.dat?
Thanked by:
(12-30-2020, 12:46 AM)Tuliopilloto Wrote: The fs.dat file has several concatenated files, so it is not opened in the program, it may have another file that references it so that you can extract it. What are the other files that are in the same folder as fs.dat?

That was the only file in the "ca" folder.  Though I wonder if there may be bytes referencing .bch files can be taken to become new files and rename the extension as .bch files (in a similar way where other files can be renamed for games like Mario Golf World Tour and Mario Tennis Open, I imagine that this scenario would be a bit trickier.  Unless I am completely off-base with my thinking here.
Thanked by:
I found out that the filesystem for the game is referenced in na/fs2.dat, where it contains SARC for the first four bytes. 

FS2.dat: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1Xq5L-vc...sp=sharing

I heard that this file is connected to the ca/fs.dat file I showed in here before.  However, I am still confused on how to actually extract the filesystem in order to get the models.  Would I need to rename the extension to .SARC and open it in another program?  Or is there a different method than that?
Thanked by:
SARC is a standard nintendo archive that can be opened by switch toolbox
Thanked by:
Any update with this one?? Wanted to get Rosalina and Baby Luigi model.
Thanked by: