Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
WiiWare Sound/Voice clip ripping? (Solved)
I've been trying to figure out how to go about ripping stuff from WiiWare in any readable format in general with not a ton of luck. I was able to get somewhere reading the old help thread about it, but it spat out a .BRSAR_L file and a .RSID file, neither of which seem to be openable in any Wii sound-related programs (even the ones that are designed to read .BRSAR files, opening it just crashes the respective program).

Specifically I'm trying to get ahold of 18-Volt's voice clips, which are exclusive to DIY Showcase (even though it otherwise reuses clips from Smooth Moves).

EDIT: With some help on the Discord I was able to figure it all out! I wanna edit this thread just to lay out what I did so the info is easy to access.

The .BRSAR_L file used LZ10 compression, which can be decompressed using QuickBMS and the following code (taken from this thread on the ZenHax boards):

Code:
comtype NitroSDK
get ZSIZE asize
goto 1
get SIZE long
clog test 0 ZSIZE SIZE

After that it'll spit out a "test" file without an extension, but you can just rename it and include ".brsar" at the end to get it working with something like BrawlBox. From there it's pretty standard sifting through the files to get what you need.

Thanks again to the mods on the VG Resource Discord for pointing me in the right direction!
Thanked by: