Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Ripping from No Straight Roads (PC)
Hi,

I'm working on trying to get the character models out of No Straight Roads with uModel/UE Viewer. I have essentially 0 experience with 3D modeling, so this might be very simple. The textures and meshes are stored in different parts of the directory, not together. Maybe because of this, UE Viewer doesn't detect the textures as being textures and won't apply them to the model. It'll pull up the character correctly with what I'd guess is its UV sheet overlayed, but won't import or apply the textures at all. Is there a way to do this inside of uModel without having to export it all and reassemble it in Blender every time to check it?

(Also, another stupid question: The file naming conventions in NSR confuse me a little. For example, Tila has "Phat_05_TCH_Tila.uasset", "SK_05(etc.)", and "Skel_05(etc.)". SK contains what UE Viewer understands as the skeleton. What might the others have?)

Thanks so much for any help! Big Grin
Thanked by:
UE viewer won't load the Skel_files, also despite showing the textures in the program, you have to manually assign them to their respective meshes.

Protip too, extra skins such as Zuke and Mayday covered covered in bruises are in Textures and won't export with the mesh.
Brewster's the name, Creativity is the game! Tongue
Thanked by:
BrewsterkoopaUE viewer won't load the Skel_files,  also despite showing the textures in the program, you have to manually assign them to their respective meshes.

Protip too, extra skins such as Zuke and Mayday covered covered in bruises are in Textures and won't export with the mesh.

is there any way you can share the models of the main characters I would love to rig them and 3D print them as statues .
Thanked by:
umodel gets the skeleton no problem for me. Just make sure you have the settings setup right. 4.23 is the version the game uses.
Thanked by:
(09-30-2020, 02:39 AM)turk645 Wrote: umodel gets the skeleton no problem for me. Just make sure you have the settings setup right. 4.23 is the version the game uses.

can you share the models for zuke and may? i would love to rig them for MMD and possibly 3d printing !
Thanked by: