Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Attempting to open .enc files from Moero Crystal H
Hi everyone. This is my first post to this forum but it has helped me with getting other compile heart games open with scripts that people happened to already have made. unfortunately, this seems like a much deeper problem that quickbms won't be able to solve on it's own. I did do some research on the files and I did find out some things, first these files are 100% .cl3 files. the hex shows the .cl3L header that is used in every other .cl3 file in the files. this is the standard .cl3 file you would see in any other compile heart game. anyways, here are some images showing what I mean.

hex for file 0010.enc
[Image: screenshot-1.jpg]

hex for file 0020.enc
[Image: screenshot-2.jpg]

I don't know how they encoded the files and I can't really find any concrete info on the internet, one other thing to note is that this game is on Nintendo switch so using a debugger to track what it's doing seems to be very difficult as it stands. that being said, does anybody have any idea how I could solve this? I don't mind putting in some work on my end, i just need to figure out if the proper tools exist and if it's even possible to decode these.

edit: inclusion of mega link in reply: link
also (hopefully) better screenshots in my reply.

edit 2: took another look at the files, they are most definitely NOT just cl3 files. they seem to hold what is likely a cl3 file and a few .tid files that represent the character textures.
its likely that the .cl3 file holds the textures for eyes, mouths, and other parts like that.
https://ihttps://imgur.com/UtNYl
aNhttps://imgur.com/UtNYlaNmgur.com/UtNYlaNhttps://imgur.com/UtNYlaN
Thanked by:
Those screenshots are pretty trash res. Regardless of that, send some sample files if you want anyone to be able to do anything :/
Thanked by:
(09-20-2020, 01:40 AM)Anonymity Tony Wrote: Those screenshots are pretty trash res. Regardless of that, send some sample files if you want anyone to be able to do anything :/

good point, alright ill upload the folder I'm working in as well as a sample .cl3 file to show that my findings are correct.

mega link with the files in question

ill attempt to take some better screenshots, as well.
0010.enc
[Image: LpA4nII.png]

0020.enc
[Image: WYS6c3C.png]
Thanked by:
-No solid information here, sorry-

You can probably tell there's some weird compression fckery going on. There are runs of recognizable text strings presumably coming from the cl3 format that seem to be prefixed with a byte that has something to do with the character length (sometimes it's length - 0x3, other times it's length - 0x12, seems inconsistent)
I think you can maybe assume the actual file data starts at 0x40, and maybe 0xC is the uncompressed payload length.

If there's even the slightest chance you could find plaintext references to any known compression algorithm in the game's binary, from text that comes from debug errors or whatever, that might be worth a go.
Thanked by:
(09-25-2020, 01:34 AM)Anonymity Tony Wrote: -No solid information here, sorry-

You can probably tell there's some weird compression fckery going on. There are runs of recognizable text strings presumably coming from the cl3 format that seem to be prefixed with a byte that has something to do with the character length (sometimes it's length - 0x3, other times it's length - 0x12, seems inconsistent)
I think you can maybe assume the actual file data starts at 0x40, and maybe 0xC is the uncompressed payload length.

If there's even the slightest chance you could find plaintext references to any known compression algorithm in the game's binary, from text that comes from debug errors or whatever, that might be worth a go.

Thanks for the reply, i did get a ram dump of the game from my nintendo switch, i might be able to find what i need from there, as its likely that the algorithm function is loaded into memory as i took the ram dump when these files are likely required, since they have the makings of character texture data, having some of the same file names as the uncompressed texture data in another part of the game. So, i'll see if i can figure out what is going on through that, but i'm sure it'll take me a while, also sorry for the late reply, classes started up and it's taking up a lot of my time.
Thanked by: