Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Sprites and UI elements from Team Sonic Racing (.stz)
I'd really like it if someone were to look into ripping HUD assets, cutscene talksprites, and other 2D images from Team Sonic Racing. 
These assets appear to be contained in the game's .stz archives. Here's a sample of one. Sewer56 made a tool (link) to decompress these, and this returns a file that starts with PTEX, possibly "a texture mapping system developed by Disney", but I'm not sure if these files are uncorrupted/usable or if ptexutils works with them.
I'm told the game works fine with Ninja Ripper, though, so you could take that route instead.

Sewer56's commentary on the creation of the tool, for context:
Quote:I literally wrote it in 5 minutes for myself bear in mind.
It accepts one parameter, the full path to the file.
For output it creates a directory called "Out" in the same folder and dumps the files by their offset in the archive.
There are no file names etc. so don't hope for that.
Also I only tried that with Switch version.
Because when I looked at it PC wasn't out ofc.
They use ZLIB compression.

Edit: After looking at the decompressed files in TextureFinder, I can tell that they're fully functional. Now, my only request is that someone gives me a compiled version of the ptexutils tools, because I don't know how to compile things.
Edit 2: They're ripped, no ptexutils needed. If you want to know how, read this: https://wiki.vg-resource.com/Team_Sonic_Racing
Thanked by: